Your opinions on an 85 T-type

231twannabe

Hey guys,
This is my first post on here and wanted some opinions on getting my first Turbo Regal. I have found a couple but I don't know the pros/cons of the 84-85's and the 86-87's. I have always loved the turbo Regals but haven't thought about owning one until recently. I have found an 85 T-type that's cream white with tan interior. I know that it's not intercooled but what did they run stock. I've seen the 86's & 87's run 12's real easy, how hard is it to get the 84's and 85's to run 12's. Your opinions are greatly appreciated.

I love and respect the hotair cars but if you can afford it start with an IC car if you want to go fast.I used to hate when people said this kind of stuff but I now know it is very true.If all you can afford is the hotair then go for it,nothing wrong wit em,just different and slower.

Wannabe, A lot depends on what you are looking for.

A Black GN is flashy & will attract attention.

A T-Type that is colored is less flashy but looks just as good as a GN.. (I better throw that sentance in there or I will get flamed)

The Hot air cars are fine if they have been treated well & not abused. Some of the hot air cars production numbers are low which could make them rare down the road.

As for speed & ET's there are guys on here that have HOT air cars
I think one guy is called RED's HOT AIR. Is this true ANYONE??

Originally posted by littlesixsteve
Some of the hot air cars production numbers are low which could make them rare down the road.
Some?!? They're all rare dude, 2k GNs in 84/2,100 in 85....only 9408 84/85 hot airs EVER. I dont understand why people don't like hot airs. Theyre so rare its not even funny

Originally posted by littlesixsteve
As for speed & ET's there are guys on here that have HOT air cars
I think one guy is called RED's HOT AIR. Is this true ANYONE??
Uh, he runs an 87 setup if memory serves. Lee Thompson has a true hot air into the 10s. *zoom*!!