Your Dream 109 Bullet proof motor?

Just wasting time thinking about trying it shows some people have never researched builders and actually talked to them....not to mention they must have a vast amount of disposable income.
In talking with my builder, and most have figured out who it is, he states...the components available are not the weak point...the block is.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The motor would have to be built around high rpm. Keeping the same torque and increasing the operating range will net you more horsepower and it will be easier on parts. You can spend 5k in the heads/valve train alone. Parts? You can probably piece the long block together for around 10-12k. Keeping it together will be determined by how well it's built and tuned.

I don't even wanna get into what the rest of the car needs to keep up.

X2 best post so far

I would start with a 2500lb car if I wanted that power level and to have it last a while.

Its going to break. That I know for sure. All u can do if use quality parts, tune tune tune amd see where it goes. You cam build a t/a all aluminum block and have an extreme 25k expense amd have the same bad luck.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Its going to break. That I know for sure. All u can do if use quality parts, tune tune tune amd see where it goes. You cam build a t/a all aluminum block and have an extreme 25k expense amd have the same bad luck.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Jasons current setup just like it sits in the Gallina car would run probably 8 flat and be reliable, change lifters once a year or so. But if you "know" its gonna break why even try with a 109?? I KNOW I will get shocked if I stick my finger in a light socket so why take the chance. Sounds like you want to see what the limit is on the 109 to me. Buy JWs car and let us know what you find out....

Because I would rather spend 15k than 25k... I just figure its been done. With the right guidance, I'm sure I can do it too! I've have blown a motor in the past amd it was just bad luck. Someone else's mistake! Lesson learned. I only want to gamble with 15k. If I woukd have done a stage 2 project. It would cost me significantly more. I figure push it hard. Check motor at end of every season... save what u can replace the rest. I just finished my 1st stroker and building an even better back up. So I figure total expense 2 motors 30k rather than 1 motor @ 25k. And I have 2 chances to play. Both identical motors except 1 is wide journal other isn't.

I will be bracing the 109's from the front with plate and rjc brace in the rear. I figure that should help the integrity of the motor.
I have access to a local flowjet 2000 so I will be having some custom peices buillet pieces made for my build.

I'm up for any suggestions any one might have to help me achieve my goals. Constructive critisism is appreciated. I know everybody says its a mistake with a 109. I believe I can do it. Therefore I am going to try. If anyone has any ideas to help get me there I'm all ears!

I will be bracing the 109's from the front with plate and rjc brace in the rear. I figure that should help the integrity of the motor.

Wish I could say your right. It's only gonna hold so much power. In talking with what are considered the two best Buick builders...both had the same reasoning behind low 9 sec 109's. The center of the block was not cast with enough strength to hold the power. The girdle keeps the crank from moving and flexing, but the lack of structural iron in the center of the block insures it will fail in this area. Doesn't matter how good your tune is. It's just pressure and micro vibration. JW's block is a freak of nature so to speak. There is no way anyone would ever build you a motor and tell you it will do the same.
I'm into a huge $$$ build and was told...you'll make great power but your block is the weak point.
Your just not understanding where the failure is going to come from. You think tune is going to allow you to extend the amount of output that the lack of mass is going to prevent. Buy a TA and be done. Then achieve your perfect tune. That block has the mass to absorb that level of power.

coach your probably right, to late now 2nd motor should be done in about 3 weeks! worst case, i tear one of the motors apart and buy a ta block.

interesting project, I too have wondering just how far that little block could be pushed. Sometimes we can defy the laws of physics even for just a short while. You never know till you try right! May lady luck be on your side. Keep us posted.

thank u bird... sometimes its just about trying to do it. lol
And i also want to be in the 8sec 109 club... only for the elite. lol

"Because I would rather spend 15k than 25k..With the right guidance, I'm sure I can do it too!"

So you want to build this monster motor on your own with free advice and guidence from those who have spent a significant amount of their talent and careers/lives making the mistakes that cost them big money, learning what works and what doesn't work by busting knuckles, trying new combinations, breaking parts, testing, tuning, watching, looking, learning, fretting and agonizing about these cars for the last 25 years because they owe you....... What?

I'm just askin'........

lol... I think it's funny you think it's free... I've paid my dues over 2 or 3 fold. I'm sorry nobody owes me shit. . . I'm having fun with my build. I'm trying to get that 8 sec 109 carrot for my own personal goals... I always enjoy what people have to say about crazy ones like this one... 8 sec 109.. going to be fun ..... oh and u pay for guidance. The stuff that really works.