Yokes

volvoman

The Green BEAST
Does anyone know what the largest tranny yoke you can put into the gn trans. I have a temp one so the trans won't leak while I run it a bit. If anyone could tell me which years are interchangable that would be great. I thought a 700r4 yoke might work but I am not sure. Any info would help out a lot. I will be getting my drive shaft done soon..
thanks
Chris

And the Powerglide is also interchangable. But I don't think that's his question. The 700-R4 lists as a different #. The 200/350/PG are all listed as the same #.

Ryan

EXACT same. You don't need a larger O.D, yoke, just replace the rear transmission seal.

Ryan

Are the universal joints size the same too? I just don't want to break it. :p I might be able to dig up a t 350 one if the universal joints are the same size of the gn or larger.

anymore info would be great.
Thanks!

You could always go to Mark Williams and buy a 1350 series yoke - IIRC, they are around $125.00.

After snooping around a bit, I found this blurb on Randy's Ring & Pinion (look under U-Joints).

GENERAL APPLICATIONS

General Motors:
1310 Series: Small passenger car, 1/2 & some 3/4 ton trucks. 1330 Series: Large passenger car, medium 1/2 ton trucks. 1350 Series: 3/4 & 1 ton trucks. Mechanics 3R: Late passenger cars and 1/2 ton trucks. Kevlar Drive Shaft: Rear - DAN 5-212X Front - DAN 5-213X.

So, quite possibly you'll find a 1350 series yoke from a 3/4 T truck *if* you can find one with a T350 (?). Or you could just call your local driveshaft shop and see what they have as an adapter yoke.