Yami "BEAST R1"

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
I think you know how it ends...I lost....but it was fun trying.
We both rolled in and he of course got out ahead...then he walked about 1.5 lengths on me and we both had to get out due to an intersection up ahead that neither of us wanted to blow through doing triple digits...I'd say we covered at least 600 feet....not quite an 1/8th....

I did a lot of spinning at the start and that's where he got most of the distance on me...but I'd say I kept it respectable considering those things rip out very low 10's bone stock.
His plate said BEAST R1...and it aint no lie...;)

I think you know how it ends...I lost....but it was fun trying.
We both rolled in and he of course got out ahead...then he walked about 1.5 lengths on me and we both had to get out due to an intersection up ahead that neither of us wanted to blow through doing triple digits...I'd say we covered at least 600 feet....not quite an 1/8th....

I did a lot of spinning at the start and that's where he got most of the distance on me...but I'd say I kept it respectable considering those things rip out very low 10's bone stock.
His plate said BEAST R1...and it aint no lie...;)

What color was the R1?

Just curious..... I sold my R1 to someone in Cali. It was super Fast... But it was a RAVEN

Can't win them all.
:oops:

BTW, what rear tires does the chicken coupe sport?
:confused:

Chicken get some mickys man! Do you have a HR bar...it changed my car! No fish tailing it launches straight! Im running GTA wheels now and yes micky/T makes tires for them.. I even made a beleiver out of Lou..

Chicken, throw some Mickey Thompson 295/55-15's on the back. I'm running them on 15x9 wheels and they stick quite well. I can do half-to-3/4 throttle in 1st, then floor it in 2nd.

I'm still running around the streets on stock wheels with Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's on them (275/60/15). It makes for some interesting wheel spinning skill driving well up to 60-70mph or more...I got so sideways I had to lift last night while murdering an EVO and then lifted twice while crushing another SL65 AMG.

My rear suspension is stock other than boxed control arms upper and lower, Bilstene's and airbags in the springs.
I also removed the front control bar to help with weight transfer, but I just boght some new end links so that's going back in this week....with all the new power, the car has a tendancy to get unstable and wobble at speed without it....not a fun feeling....

An H&R set-up is on the wish list and I have a set of MT slicks and skinny's on Weld Drag Lights for my track days...brand new tires all mounted with tubes...got the set for $450...;)

I drive this GN too much to be able to budget for a new set of MT's every couple months....the gas bill alone is sucking my parts budget dry....
:confused:
I refill the tank from below a 1/4 tank every 2.5 days....and buy a new 5 gal drum of methanol about every 6-8 weeks...

Once I wear these Indy's out, I'm going to go for another set of Nitto's since they wear longer than MT's.
I made a set of 555r's last 8 months a couple years ago...

How tall are those 295/55/15's?
Any rubbing?
I have long studs so I can run spacers behind the wheels if needed...

"..and buy a new 5 gal drum of methanol about every 6-8 weeks.." :eek:

These tires are 27.7 inches tall. No rubbing that I can see. My rear is centered perfectly, so if you're isn't, you may have to run a very thin spacer on one side.

I have stock suspension also, just boxed uppers/lowers, bags. I did upgrade the rear bar to a Hotckis, but it isn't much bigger than the factory bar and I didn't notice much difference. At the track on a 4psi launch I do 1.5x sixty foot times.

If you run these tires, you will just murder the competition.

Ya killin me Chicken.

I always found that by running 10-12psi in both airbags on the street, the car was stable at expedited speeds without running a front swaybar.

You must get a pair of these ASAP, to eliminate the unsafe driving conditions you are having now.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Mickey-Thompson/672/3754R/10002/-1?parentProductId=753925

672-3754R_m1.jpg

672-3754R.jpg

To me, unsafe driving conditions means, spinning uncontrollable on regular street tires to the point where you have to pedal so many times just to keep it on the street. 650 ft lbs of torque tends to liquify regular street radials. Think of it as a mandatory safety need for the chicken coupe. Kinda like keeping a fire extinguisher inside the car at all times deal. Just don't get caught in the rain with them.

And remember, power corrupts, absolute power leads to domination on the streets. But spinning ain't winning.
:D

Had to lift a couple times while murdering a nice looking blacked out 96 Impala SS today after work.
He spun pretty bad too, but I won the tire spinning race even with my lifts LOL.

This could have been fun....
A Ducati Diavel and a Gixxer 1000....unfortunately they turned into a gas station shortly after we rounded the corner ahead...

I prolly would have stayed close with the Diavel and gotten walked by the Gixxer....but dang it....it's all just a dream now....;)
Trabuco-20120929-00335.jpg

Chicken,

You MUST budget the HR bar. I picked up 5mph through the roundabout going to work. I got Pauls' lowers & the bar, well worth the $.

Roger

i think you might hear on the news one of these days of a madman or madchicken out on an airport runway trying to race 747s beacause he ll race anything lol.