Xylene question

Turtle TR

boioing boioing boioing..
I am about to embark on getting my car high on some xylene. what mixture ratio should I use? I remember talking with Geoff about mixture and how much to use...All I remember was getting a gallon of Xylene in and I forgot how much of Marvel's mystery oil...and topping it off with as much 92 I can shove in. HELP...thanks. Crap...I wish I remembered...I was too busy looking at huhus and hahas.

Chris

Xylene Mix

I use 4 gals. Xylene and fill the tank. I guess you could use 5 gals. Xylene (More octane) and fill the tank. and 1 oz Mystery oil for every Gal. of Xylene. They said to mix 3 to 1 for 99 octane our car has a 18.1 gal. tank. So might be a little under 99 octane with 4 gals Xylene. And are you going to Anna Millers Friday?

Wow, I didn't know you put that much, I used 1 pint per tankfull once a year to clean the injectors and fuel system. Just my .02

I used 3 gallons of 92 per each gallon of Xylene.

(3 X 92) +
(1X117) 1 gallon Xylene

=276+117=393

393/4 Gallons = 98.25 octane avg per gallon

You can go as high as 2 gallons per 1 gallon of Xylene.

(2X92) +
(1X117) Xylene

=184+117=301

301/3 gallons = 100.33 octane avg per gallon.

I think that this is the highest recommended mix of Xylene.

Don't forget to add a tiny bit of MM oil, and that you have some gas in the tank to consider also! :D

Works great for higher boost/street timing! :)

octane booster!

Hey,
Try some of Berrymans go-go octane booster. I found that it works the best of the octane boosters; thanks to Paul. That night Paul gave me some, I picked up 3 MPH! Good luck.
Derek:cool:

berrymans go-go octane booster

Hey Keith,
I pick it up at the NEX in the pearl harbor area. It goes for about $5 per can there. You can also get it at checkers for $8 though. They dont always have it in stock at checkers though.
Derek:cool:

Thanks for the info Derek. With the results that you mentioned (3 MPH increase), I may need you to pick me up some from the NEX.:D

I haven't seen any on the shelves at the Waipahu and Salt Lake Checkers, last time I checked. However, I did see the Outlaw octane booster. Anyone ever try this octane booster before?

Keith:cool:

octane boost

Hey Keith,
Let me know (see bottom) if you want to try a bottle, i always carry them on hand. That way you can see how it works for your car. Ive tried the 104+ race and street, NOS street and racing formula, and the Outlaw octane boosters and they all did not perform as well as the berrymans.
With the other octane boosters (20 psi boost on stock combo) I averaged a 98-99 MPH trap speed. With the berrymans I got up to 101.8 or so MPH consistently. Very close to the 110 octane leaded race gas that I used to get me to 103 MPH but, cheaper.
Derek
sachsdl@cs.com
372-6235:cool:

Hmm...I may want to try some too. Let me know when you go down to the Exchange so I can give you some cash to buy me some. That nitromethane crap i bought from rons didnt help last night. infact..i think that made me worse...well...cant say too cause my tires werent hooking up. but yah...let me know when you go down. my cell is 372-1210..shooooots

I wouldn't recommend anything but Xylene. The boosters coat your plugs with the additives. Also, think of it this way, how can one little can raise your octane more than even 0.1 octane? Do the math, it doesn't work out, even if it were straight 117 octane Xylene in a little can. You can get the Xylene at a paint store like Sherman Williams, about 6 to 8 dollars a gallon.

You can use 1 or 2 gal Xylene per tank for a octane boost up to 96 on 2 gal in a tank. I tried the 5 gal in a tank with good results. Here is my experience, listing the 96 and 100 octane mixes I used, and my settings with the trans + for those people using that. A 100 octane chip would provide similar results, timing is increased along with high gear fueling. Some of you may have seen this, but here it is, along with my track results on the 100 octane Xylene brew. I am happy with the results. Hope this helps out.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=43262

I think I paid someting around.~$6.50/gal at Sherwin Williams. That was the cheapest place I found.

The price is the same per gallon, even if you buy a 5 gal container. :rolleyes: :(

Called aroud and everyone is around $8.00/gallon including Sherwin Williams, Kilgo's and City Mill are $11.50 - $12.00/gallon.:eek: Cheapest was Safety Systems on Waikamilo at around $7.20/gallon, by my math that works out to around $3.60 for a gallon of home-brewed 100 octane fuel which isn't too bad.:cool:

Originally posted by KENNE-BILL
By my math that works out to around $3.60 for a gallon of home-brewed 100 octane fuel which isn't too bad.:cool:
And you still have a functioning $35 O2 sensor after you go out and make a few passes. I was able to run 22 psi on the 100 mix on a stock turbo with 25* timing Base and 23* WOT in low gears, retarded 2* in 3rd. So it does work well.