Xim Power light

Just wondering if the xim power light stays on all the time? Mine seems to be on all the time. Searched but couldn't find anything.

Thanks Brandon.

Ok one other issue. Something must not be right. When I go to start the car again the status light flashes. If I take the continues power away from the box and re connect it. I can start the vehicle again.

Pin 18-A1 PNK has switched power
Pin 18-B1 Red has continues power (from custom fues box with continues 12v directly off the battery)

Can wires one is connected other ends both have the resistors in them.

Seems as if the unit isn't being told to power down?

Thanks Brandon.

Just an update. I seem to have a small voltage, approx 1 volt on the pink wire (18-A1) with the ignition shut off. It seems to be coming from the box. If I disconnect all the connectors it jump's up a bit (2.5v) and is still present.

The status light seems to be showing that it is in flash mode. In the universal xim instructions it says to check that the blue wire isn't grounded. Pulled it from the harness and it is not.

Brandon.

any luck on yours? I had spark before now I don't any longer. All I did was change the battery now the XIM has flashing status light and steady power light.

If you turn your key off does the power light go out? If not try removing the negative cable and see if you can start again. Mine would start once after disconnecting the continues power.

My box is on it's way back to fast. I was told if battery voltage is less than 9v the it will go into flash mode.

Brandon.

if the key is off the power light goes off. I was thinking of unplugging the battery and plugging it back in....I will try tomorrow ...wife wants me in the house now :). If it does not work you think the xim is toast? Battery voltage is over 12v but the xfi readings show 11.6.

It doesn't sound like the box is toast. It seems like it doesn't like something. How fast is status light flashing? Once per second means there is can issue. Rapidly means that it is in flash mode. If flashing once per second, make sure can line is hooked up the same as it was (one connected, resistors in open plugs) Double check that can is enabled on the xfi tune just in case it somehow got unchecked.

If flashing rapidly double check the that all battery connections are good. Make sure ground connections are good as well. If they are good you can check that the pink ignition wire (can check at the 30 amp fuse) Pin 18-A1 has proper voltage on it. Also check that the blue flash wire is not touching ground.

You will not get any spark with the status light flashing, so don't keep cranking it because I'm pretty sure the injectors will fire and could flood the cylinders.

Anything else changed at all or just the battery. Nothing happened when changing the battery?

Brandon.

Rapid flash. Checked the flash wire not grounded.

The only thing we did is swapped out the battery. Then we started to crank the car it sounded like it was going to start but never did. So we removed the plugs because they were wet and unplugged the injector harness and cranked the car with the plugs out remove the excess fuel in the heads. After putting the plugs back in and the injector harness we noticed no spark. Checked all the connections under the hood nothing is disconnected.

We didn't mess with the XIM so nothing should have changed. The car was running when I brought it home couple of weeks ago. It's been cold and the battery was not giving proper voltage so the car wouldn't start that's why I swapped out the battery.

lol Ya thanks guys. Steve Pitts insisted on coming by and helping out (even though it was superbowl Sunday at 20 degrees out). Richie HISH PSI led us to the right path the fusable link to the XIM was not getting 12 volts..to make a long story short the positve terminal was not getting good contact to the battery.

2 funky things still going on with the car.
The dual FANs is now on all the time once the ignition is on which I have to figure out... According to XFI it should kick on at 165. .I know it worked properly when I picked up the car couple of weeks ago and turned out once it got to the proper temperature.

2nd thing getting CAM or CRANK sync error code couldnt remember. Steve said I need to add resistors. Any write up on this?

Cal I will call sometime this week (work is real busy) to get the XFI upgraded to 2.0 and a start up program to hold me down until you come to Chicago :)

Buick community has been awesome with getting this car running. I appreciate everyone who has been helping out and being patient with me.

The resistors are now installed in all the harnesses I make. I assumed yours was an early one and told Steve to add them. When you call me, I can send you the resistors with a brief explaination on installing them.

Please verify your CTS is plugged in, otherwise the fans will stay on as a failsafe

Hi Cal,
The high temp sensor and the CTS were both plugged in. Looks like the fans are wired into a couple of relays and fuses the ramchargers style. Was happy just to get the car running for him. Cooling fans are pry a relay or wiring issue. But man that is one sweet looking car.

XXQUICK6XX said:
Hi Cal,
The high temp sensor and the CTS were both plugged in. Looks like the fans are wired into a couple of relays and fuses the ramchargers style. Was happy just to get the car running for him. Cooling fans are pry a relay or wiring issue. But man that is one sweet looking car.

Thanks for the kind words Steve. Hopefully it will be running strong soon.

Cal it was real busy today I will try to call early this week