XFI with dual fan installed question Please help.

onefastgn

Just installed GBodys dual fans with casper plug and play combo and now the fans do not come on. I have Classic Fast 2.0 and the stock fan worked fine until i installed the dual fan set up. I'm sure i have everything hooked up correct. I unhooked the ECM orange wire while i was hooking up the power lead to the postive post, and then re-installed the orange wire back together. Car started right up. My question is do i need to do anything in the C-Com program in order for it to work now with dual fans?
Thanks
I also only let the car get up to 176 before shuting it off, but never seen the fans come on.

Just installed GBodys dual fans with casper plug and play combo and now the fans do not come on. I have Classic Fast 2.0 and the stock fan worked fine until i installed the dual fan set up. I'm sure i have everything hooked up correct. I unhooked the ECM orange wire while i was hooking up the power lead to the postive post, and then re-installed the orange wire back together. Car started right up. My question is do i need to do anything in the C-Com program in order for it to work now with dual fans?
Thanks
I also only let the car get up to 176 before shuting it off, but never seen the fans come on.

you shouldnt have to do anything in the software for it to work, what do you have programmed in the fast as the fan turn on temp?

The low speed fan will turn on at the temp that you have your fan/temp set at (or it should). There are two ways for you to get the other fan to work; wire the two fans together so the come on at the same time. This is cause a big voltage drop when the fans come on. Or you run a wire (i dont know what wire in the classic it is) and run it to the trigger wire on the high fan relay. Then you set the temp in the Aux (#3 on XFI). This should set your fans up and running.

Clint

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

you shouldnt have to do anything in the software for it to work, what do you have programmed in the fast as the fan turn on temp?
165 on and 160 off. I talked to Cal and he said there must be something wrong with the fans or the casper plug and play. My stock fan works everytime i plug it in when i'm at turn on temp. It should work fine with the XFI with no problems. I only hope Brian at Gbody will take care of it. I have modified the fan to fit already. I'm pretty bumbed out because there is a car show Sunday i wanted to go to with the car. Guess i will install the stock one again. Ugh.

165 on and 160 off. I talked to Cal and he said there must be something wrong with the fans or the casper plug and play. My stock fan works everytime i plug it in when i'm at turn on temp. It should work fine with the XFI with no problems. I only hope Brian at Gbody will take care of it. I have modified the fan to fit already. I'm pretty bumbed out because there is a car show Sunday i wanted to go to with the car. Guess i will install the stock one again. Ugh.

Yea that's what I would think. Nothing changed as far as wiring from the harness back to the ecu.

The low speed fan will turn on at the temp that you have your fan/temp set at (or it should). There are two ways for you to get the other fan to work; wire the two fans together so the come on at the same time. This is cause a big voltage drop when the fans come on. Or you run a wire (i dont know what wire in the classic it is) and run it to the trigger wire on the high fan relay. Then you set the temp in the Aux (#3 on XFI). This should set your fans up and running.

Clint

the caspers PNP adapter and his dual fan hotwire doesnt allow this ..using either of his runs both fans in high speed mode using only the low speed relay (ecu controlled) ,
i do not know why he doesnt run the fans on low and use the high speed relay as it was designed by GM,
if your setup is using just the high speed fan wire it wont work with the caspers unless you switch the terminals in the plug to the high side for control.
look at the adapter plug to the stock fan harness plug and youll see what i mean , pin A is low speed and pin B is high speed ..pin B on adapter wont have any wires to it

the racetronix dual fan hotwire runs the fans as designed by GM using the stock harness low and high relays, but only for triggering the new low and high relays which are powered from battery , both fans run low speed as normal under ecu control and like stock hi mode your AC (pressure switch behind compressor) and high temp switch (on manifold under throttle body) control the high speed . you could also put a switch in car to ground the high relay to activate if needed .

the caspers PNP adapter and his dual fan hotwire doesnt allow this ..using either of his runs both fans in high speed mode using only the low speed relay (ecu controlled) ,
i do not know why he doesnt run the fans on low and use the high speed relay as it was designed by GM,
if your setup is using just the high speed fan wire it wont work with the caspers unless you switch the terminals in the plug to the high side for control.
look at the adapter plug to the stock fan harness plug and youll see what i mean , pin A is low speed and pin B is high speed ..pin B on adapter wont have any wires to it

the racetronix dual fan hotwire runs the fans as designed by GM using the stock harness low and high relays, but only for triggering the new low and high relays which are powered from battery , both fans run low speed as normal under ecu control and like stock hi mode your AC (pressure switch behind compressor) and high temp switch (on manifold under throttle body) control the high speed . you could also put a switch in car to ground the high relay to activate if needed .
I'm so frustrated, i don't know what to do. I suck at this wiring thing. I just wanted a plug and play with no worries. I just want them to atleast work, don't care if its high or low. If some can give me a number maybe they could walk me through it. Thanks

http://vortexbuicks-etc.com/fan.htm

oh and by the way your post and your sig is incorrct
either you have classic fast (grey box) or XFI and since there is no classic fast 2.0 and the XFI latest versionis 2.0 you must have "XFI 2.0"

now ..
what harness ( in the engine bay) or adapter are you using to connect to your XFI 2.0

either you have classic fast (grey box) or XFI and since there is no classic fast 2.0 and the XFI latest versionis 2.0 you must have "XFI 2.0"

now ..
what harness ( in the engine bay) or adapter are you using to connect to your XFI 2.0

If he has the XFI, and if G Body fan setup is similar to alradco fans then he can control both fans. One as stock and then one set by Aux 3. That is the way I have mine.

now ..
Your correct. It's XFI 2.0 red box. Not sure on the adapter, it was done by Otto before i bought the car a few months ago. Stock adapter going to the fan i do now for sure, three prong. I did notice the casper one only has two prongs instead of the three. I assume it's because it's just to run the high and low fan.

Your correct. It's XFI 2.0 red box. Not sure on the adapter, it was done by Otto before i bought the car a few months ago. Stock adapter going to the fan i do now for sure, three prong. I did notice the casper one only has two prongs instead of the three. I assume it's because it's just to run the high and low fan.

Now that it is an XFI and your low fan comes one at desired temp.... You high fan is not. You need to run/slice a wire/lead from Aux3 (XFI) to either the AC ground signal or the high fan relay green signal wire. This wire is the same and is used to activate the high fan. In XFI you can Aux3 to come on at whatever temp you want. The caspers harness when used with stock ecm would control both fans (high/low). This is how my fan is set uo with my XFI. PM me your number and I will call you!

Got them to work even at the factory hook up using a battery and touching both post inside the clip. They both come on at the same time though. The problem was three things. One the fan harness clip tabs inside were not making contact to power the fans. Second the problem was the casper harness plug in to the fan harness tabs were not making contact either. And the battery post they supply with the spacer does not make contact well enough inside the boot to put constant power to the whole system ( Where the lead power wire attaches for the fan). I will try to install it later this week if i have the time. Just very dissapointed in the quality of how the clips mate up with the other clips. After i made them fit like they should they went together fine. Way to many headachs for a so called plug and play. Oh well now it's done.
Guess i should have did this first before installing it in the first place. Who would have known. Plug and play my ass!