XFI tuning question...increasing boost

MSDGN

Let's say I have the car dialed in pretty good...timing and A/F is set up in the tables where I want it...O2 correction looks good...now I want to increase the boost a pound or two...I'm assuming I would have to modify the numbers in the VE table to compensate...is there a specific percentage for changing the VE table per pound of boost...say for each pound of boost increase how much would I increase the numbers in the VE table?...2%...3%...etc...I would like to keep it on the safe side and run a little rich to start then tune from there...also I'm assuming when I do increase the numbers in the VE table it would be in the higher WOT range...

Let's say I have the car dialed in pretty good...timing and A/F is set up in the tables where I want it...O2 correction looks good...now I want to increase the boost a pound or two...I'm assuming I would have to modify the numbers in the VE table to compensate...is there a specific percentage for changing the VE table per pound of boost...say for each pound of boost increase how much would I increase the numbers in the VE table?...2%...3%...etc...I would like to keep it on the safe side and run a little rich to start then tune from there...also I'm assuming when I do increase the numbers in the VE table it would be in the higher WOT range...

As long as your table is in decent shape and your correction looks good then just turn it up. If you see it's adding some fuel somewhere in the table, add a few #'s to the VE table. It will run in a higher area on the table with the higher boost and will compensate for itself. I like to see it pull a few % rather than adding it.

Make sure your target a/f is where you want it in the higher cells.

I like to see it pull a few % rather than adding it.

I agree...so XFI will try to compensate for higher boost by adding fuel if needed...I've only had a chance to make 1 run using XFI then the weather got too hot here to race...but nice weather is coming...so I'll be able to get back into it and hopefully get better with XFI...