XFI tune issue..Inj. dc spike in first gear...tune and log file enclosed

He should take the fast boost control out of closed loop mode and connect it to the MPH method through the egr table instead. This way the boost spike will be gone.

Chuck, that's the first change I made when I saw the spike...Forgot to change it back.

Norbs, it has a GN style rail mount Accufab.

He should take the fast boost control out of closed loop mode and connect it to the MPH method through the egr table instead. This way the boost spike will be gone.

I will try that today..Should I try to shorten the vacuum lines as much as possible? Move the MAP sensor as close to the solenoid as I can. Currently, the MAP sensor is in the kick panel where the factory ECM normally lives and the solenoid is mounted on the pass inner fender.

I will try that today..Should I try to shorten the vacuum lines as much as possible? Move the MAP sensor as close to the solenoid as I can. Currently, the MAP sensor is in the kick panel where the factory ECM normally lives and the solenoid is mounted on the pass inner fender.

The Boost control pressure sensor sould be mounted as close to the gate as possible. If your running closed loop map then I would run it as near the manifold as possible.

Allan G.

If your using the EGR table and have the caspers adapter you will have to do some re-wiring, does your fast calibrated to read mph?

Allan, that's what I thought...but remember Cal telling me to mount the MAP sensor as low as possible for some reason.

Norbs, not sure I understand what you mean by "calibrated." Doesn't the MPH work off the VSS?

Allan, that's what I thought...but remember Cal telling me to mount the MAP sensor as low as possible for some reason.

Norbs, not sure I understand what you mean by "calibrated." Doesn't the MPH work off the VSS?

Maybe he ment as low as possible on the intake and not physically low placement on the car ?

Allan G.

No idea, if its compatible with the factory VSS signal, Cal would know, i have a hall effect sensor on the yoke for mine, i think it is wired in the caspers harness adapter.

I believe the caspers harness comes pre-wired to the facotry VSS. You would need to put in the proper numbers for pulses per rev and whatever calculation fast has on there help file.

Allan G.

IN open loop boost control you may want to pull back a few % DC as the mph climbs, this is where the boost usually creeps, and most solenoids most effective settings are probably 25-85% DC,

Not sure exactly what all he did...But I know he lowered the MAP vs AE to take most of the inj dc spike out. As I suspected the knock turned out to be false.. That's all I know boyz!! Logs now still show a the boost spike of about 1.5lbs at 16-17lb on the boost controller, but most of the inj dc spike is gone.