Xfi system

In the plenum. Drill and tap the plenum.

Other option would be to put it between the throttle body and intercooler but it seems to work best when installed in the plenum so it can account for the air temp when the throttle blade is closed.

in the plenum. Drill and tap the plenum.

Other option would be to put it between the throttle body and intercooler but it seems to work best when installed in the plenum so it can account for the air temp when the throttle blade is closed.

well after talking to Cal he give a good idea in the intake right under the coil pack can't even see it thanks cal.

in the back of the plenum under the coilpack...exact same place where mine was put!

in the back of the plenum under the coilpack...exact same place where mine was put!

DSC00504.jpg

RIGHT ON WHAT DID YOU END UP DOING TO EXTEND YOUR AIR TEMP WIRE PLUG.

Temp Variation

I did this on my last build, but I am still looking for the opinions of others.

Seems when the car is cruising at say 45 mph, my temps are a good 40 degrees higher than they were when I had the AIT in the inlet tube with the air filter.

Best said on a 90 degree day I am seeing 140 at cruise, which I feel is ridiculously hot? This does not make sense to me. Forget about it if the car is sitting still the AIT goes off the chart.

What are others seeing who are using a front mount as AIT temp at cruise?

Mind you mine drops considerably under WOT but it isn't instant.

Also I know the sensor is calibrated correctly because with no heat in the engine it reads fairly close to ambient temp.

dfi required the connecting the map to the maf either with some rewiring or for those who like easy the harness you mentioned
not sure how xfi handles it but withclassic fast and the precision harness powering the map from tps is perfered method and input for map is simple as connecting the map input wire on the precision harness to the map signal wire under dash

you can do the maf to map wiring under the dash by the ecm
requires stipping back (or cut ) wirie and solder in a couple short jumper wires
go to alky section and read on doing the "map with digital dash" in the stickey at top of forum , you want the map sensor power (gray) to gets its 5v supply from the tps at (c14-gray) at ecm .. and the map ground to (D12-blk) at ecm , then connect the green MAP signal wire under dasht to the maf input wire at pin B16-yellow at ecm

if you want to see cooler air temps move the filter under the fender ,
if your filter is up top on the end of a short maf tube it probably picking up radiator air or air of the a/c condenser if you're running the a/c on ...it will be hot

my filter (14")is mounted where the charcoal canister would be touching fender and i have a 6" kb ram air hose feeding fresh air from the airdam duct to the headight opening (no ram air canister ) venting directly on the filter to offset some of the radiator airflow heat

with 90 ambient i see 120-130 at the line (at op temp not moving) and under boost at 24psi it drops to 80 once the alky kicks , goes back up once i decell after traps , but usually at cruise im close to ambient
keep in mind on a sunny highway the road temps will not be 90 like the news on radio tells you it is but closer to 150

Air filter

if you want to see cooler air temps move the filter under the fender ,
if your filter is up top on the end of a short maf tube it probably picking up radiator air or air of the a/c condenser if you're running the a/c on ...it will be hot

my filter (14")is mounted where the charcoal canister would be touching fender and i have a 6" kb ram air hose feeding fresh air from the airdam duct to the headight opening (no ram air canister ) venting directly on the filter to offset some of the radiator airflow heat

with 90 ambient i see 120-130 at the line (at op temp not moving) and under boost at 24psi it drops to 80 once the alky kicks , goes back up once i decell after traps , but usually at cruise im close to ambient
keep in mind on a sunny highway the road temps will not be 90 like the news on radio tells you it is but closer to 150

DO HAVE MY AIR FILTER OUTSIDE THE CAR BEHIND THE HEADLIGHT JUST TRYING TO DO THINGS THE RIGHT WAY TO MAKE THIS CAR WORK PREVIOUS OWNER DID NOT KNOW WORTH A FU@K I'M NOT SAYING I DO BUT TRYING:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:.

http://www.installationinstructions.com/108119.pdf
WOULD THIS WORK OUT BETTER TO USE THEN THE DFI CONVERSION HARNESS, THEN USE MY STOCK HARNESS MAP PLUG AND TAP INTO THE GREEN WIRE FOR THE ALKY SYSTEM WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK HERE IS PIC STILL GOT TO SODER WIRES. SORRY FIRST TIMER (XFI SYSTEM) THANKS.

that adapter is great if you have the xfi adapter to stock harness that the instucts say it will work with

on the pic i would say get a new map sensor connector with longer leads and splice them together with heat shrink and solder , what you have there is going to take out a motor if you run alky or xfi speed density
you can tap the map signal for alky from the green wire off the map sensor under the hood , i like doing the alky map connection under the dash out of the elements at the c437 connector green wire ,

Map wires and xfi box

that adapter is great if you have the xfi adapter to stock harness that the instucts say it will work with

on the pic i would say get a new map sensor connector with longer leads and splice them together with heat shrink and solder , what you have there is going to take out a motor if you run alky or xfi speed density
you can tap the map signal for alky from the green wire off the map sensor under the hood , i like doing the alky map connection under the dash out of the elements at the c437 connector green wire ,

DSC00510.jpg

DSC00509.jpg

FIRST I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR THE QUICK RESPOND. HERES A PIC WHERE THE BOX HAS THE PLUG IN FOR THE ADAPTER FROM CASPERS ALSO JUST LIKE YOU SAID I WILL BE TAPING MY ALKY GREEN WIRE TO THE GREEN WIRE FROM THE MAP SENSER UNDER THE HOOD ITS THERE ALREADY SO ILL JUST USE IT, TO BAD MY WIRES ARE SHORT BUT AFTER I SOLDER THEM IT SHOULD BE GOOD HAS NEW ITS JUST GOING TO BE A PAIN IN THE A$$ OR I MIGHT JUST CALL JOHN AND SEE IF YOU HAS ONE:redface: