XFI problems, need advice asap!!!

WSLN 6

Powered by Murphy's Law
Ok here we go.....
I went to load a new .gct file and got the prompt "overwrite ECU" and said yes. As it was loading the first time it said "143 bytes of 1728 bytes loaded".
Tried again another time and it said 1432 bytes loaded.
The car now has a dead miss just under 3000 rpm at any load, in park etc. and starts hard if coolant temp is 160 or above.
Does this sound like a corrupt file, or something different?
I logged it and when it drops out at constant (6%) TPS at idle, almost every value bounces up and down.
Any hints/tips would be great as I have a race in exactly 2 days from now...:confused:

Anyone?
I tried a new coil pack and module, one new injector, adding fuel to the ve table. All did nothing.....:frown:

If the only change you made was software, and then it ran crappy, go back to the old configuration (you did have it saved, right?). If it overwrote 1432 bytes of data then it changed darn near everything.

I've never had an upload go bad, but I suppose it's possible.

Jim

Tried that too, no luck.

Well, that's where my limited amount of XFI wisdom pretty much ends. You try unhooking the constant hot to the XFI? When you reloaded the old config, did it show that it was overwriting large amounts of data again? Maybe you saved over top of your old config? Try another?

Jim

Cal Hartline to the rescue! Turned out to not be a XFI problem at all, but a bad Caspers cam sensor cap.....
Thanks Cal! :cool:
Sean

Cal Hartline to the rescue! Turned out to not be a XFI problem at all, but a bad Caspers cam sensor cap.....
Thanks Cal! :cool:
Sean

Glad to hear you got it worked out Sean. Cal is the God of Speed :biggrin:

Good luck in Lethbridge !

George

Thanks! Looks promising......
19psi on street tires it ran 11.9 at 132mph. :)
(Autometer DPIC)

Thanks! Looks promising......
19psi on street tires it ran 11.9 at 132mph. :)
(Autometer DPIC)

:eek: I ran faster at much lower MPH with not a great 60'. Glad to hear your car is running solid. I am getting there with mine and am not jinxing anything by talking about good it SHOULD be running. ;)

That was street tires, highway etc....not at the track lol.
It ran ok this weekend, lifted a head yet again, but after a retorque it held better.
Went side by side (at 19-20psi)with a buddy that runs 10.0 at 136, so I felt good about it.