XFI for Dummies?

I'm old school so I'm a 14.7-5 a/f ratio guy. The cool thing you have is you can adjust the a/f along with the timing for that sweet spot. At WOT I would be looking for around a 12.7 a/f and with reduced timing under load. By no means am I a even a amateur tuner so I am just relaying basic's that I still remember. Please keep us updated because your breakdown could help us learn.

Another thing I almost forgot was running dual WB's (one for each bank of cylinders), just an after thought.

12.7 at WOT?? [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.[emoji252]

12.7 at WOT?? [emoji33]

Do you want to be running 14.7 at WOT and losing HP because your running rich? Basically there are varying parameters that every engine operates the best at but...
It seems that little old V6 still baffles people and I read the horror stories every day because people are throwing this and that at it instead of keeping it simple.

No disrespect intended, just another opinion.

Go easy on me, ok? :)

Yeah, E85 is a whole different animal. I thought it was 11.5, but I have read 12.1 as well... not sure anymore

if you set your fec to .68 for E85 then your idle A/F should be down around 9.0 not 15s

wot depends on boost but where most would go with e85 (25psi+) you should be low 7s

if you set your fec to .68 for E85 then your idle A/F should be down around 9.0 not 15s

wot depends on boost but where most would go with e85 (25psi+) you should be low 7s
Thanks! I cannot get this thing to idle correctly. I went through all what you said and also what was in the help menu, and whatever Cal sent me.
I once got it to idle somewhat nice where it would bounce around from 950-1000 then if you raise the rpms to about 2500 and let off it will die

Do you want to be running 14.7 at WOT and losing HP because your running rich? Basically there are varying parameters that every engine operates the best at but...
It seems that little old V6 still baffles people and I read the horror stories every day because people are throwing this and that at it instead of keeping it simple.

No disrespect intended, just another opinion.

Go easy on me, ok? :)

IMHO 12.7 sounds to lean for a WOT pull unless you're running no boost.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.[emoji252]

IMHO 12.7 sounds to lean for a WOT pull unless you're running no boost.

Tuning is not a perfect art but running rich or too much timing can also kill HP, I think that is called the "tightrope" lol.

Every day is just another learning experience at best.