Xfi :does the stock oil sender need to be kept?

turbo96max

im going to be using aftermarket sending units to wire into the xfi inputs and I'm wondering if I still the oem oil pressure sender or not. Does it even have a dummy dash light or does it affect ecu function??

im going to be using aftermarket sending units to wire into the xfi inputs and I'm wondering if I still the oem oil pressure sender or not. Does it even have a dummy dash light or does it affect ecu function??
You should have an oil light on your dash. It should go out just as you are cranking your engine, or most likely, just a moment after the engine starts. This is what this sensor does.

If you have the room, it's nice to leave it in place. Just find the right combinations of fittings to allow you to run both.

In the event of a fuel pump relay failure the sender also provides alternate power to the fuel pump(hotwire kit in most cases)

thanks , didnt know about that additional benefit to the fuel pump . will keep it in there thanks !! (; doing a diy logging kit <50 bucks w those chinese senders , seem to work ok so far

thanks , didnt know about that additional benefit to the fuel pump . will keep it in there thanks !! (; doing a diy logging kit <50 bucks w those chinese senders , seem to work ok so far

Chinese senders.
7e47e6dbcd3cdea5f2747185a0df1d69.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chinese senders.
7e47e6dbcd3cdea5f2747185a0df1d69.jpg

dayum hahaha I ran one logging fuel on e85 and powerlogger for almost 3 yrs no leaks. I may take them to a hydraulic supply and test for burst pressure. You seen them leak ? Have I just been lucky maybe ??

dayum hahaha I ran one logging fuel on e85 and powerlogger for almost 3 yrs no leaks. I may take them to a hydraulic supply and test for burst pressure. You seen them leak ? Have I just been lucky maybe ??

I've seen a lot of overseas parts fail. A lot of rail pressure gauges that leaked too. Why risk it?

I've seen a lot of overseas parts fail. A lot of rail pressure gauges that leaked too. Why risk it?

Yeah I saw a pic Nick posted and kept that rail gauge in the box afterwards !! I have time to decide by the time the engine makes it In the car I may have funds for high end logging kit.

Yeah I saw a pic Nick posted and kept that rail gauge in the box afterwards !! I have time to decide by the time the engine makes it In the car I may have funds for high end logging kit.

$305.

Yup and it connects directly into the egr harness so I read a big bonus. Need to figure out the caspers box switches

Yup and it connects directly into the egr harness so I read a big bonus. Need to figure out the caspers box switches

Not switches. Just two jumpers that take about 30 seconds to switch when you have the cover off

Yeah
Apparently too much. I've seen some running the plastic MAP sensors on $20000 engines still.

I saw that vid you posted under water and was immediately convinced lol. Going to thread it right into the upper plenum

I'll ping you when I'm ready for the logging kit . Doesn't make sense to cheapout there. And not take advantage of the logging benefits/features. Have you ever tuned remotely by logging into team viewer or some remote control application on pc?

I'll ping you when I'm ready for the logging kit . Doesn't make sense to cheapout there. And not take advantage of the logging benefits/features. Have you ever tuned remotely by logging into team viewer or some remote control application on pc?

All the time