XFI... able to monitor multiple EGT's? Boost cont too?

NEARING

Is an option available to monitor individual EGT's?

Can it control boost in a similar fashon as an innovative multi stage boost controller?

Just wondering?

Thanks.

NEARING said:
Is an option available to monitor individual EGT's?

Can it control boost in a similar fashon as an innovative multi stage boost controller?

Just wondering?

Thanks.

There is a thread I statrted in the General Tech forum on logging EGT's where someone mentioned FAST is about to release a box capable of logging up to 8 EGT's through the XFI ........

Thread is here

Blazer406 said:
There is a thread I statrted in the General Tech forum on logging EGT's where someone mentioned FAST is about to release a box capable of logging up to 8 EGT's through the XFI ........

Thread is here

Thanks that would be great!

8 individual EXTERNAL inputs meaning, 8 EGTs or 6 egts and 2 others such as fuel, oil pres, driveshft speed etc....

EightSecV6 said:
8 individual EXTERNAL inputs meaning, 8 EGTs or 6 egts and 2 others such as fuel, oil pres, driveshft speed etc....

:cool:

Can it control boost as well?

Thanks.

It has a boost controller similiar to the stock buick system. It uses a PWM valve just like the stock buick solenoid and you control the duty cycle over a table. I haven't made up my mind if I'll try it or not. I would really prefer a closed loop system like the MSD or Innovative.

Dusty Bradford said:
It has a boost controller similiar to the stock buick system. It uses a PWM valve just like the stock buick solenoid and you control the duty cycle over a table. I haven't made up my mind if I'll try it or not. I would really prefer a closed loop system like the MSD or Innovative.

Sounds like I'll keep the Innovative unit. Thanks.

The EGT option isn't released yet. Bill is correct about the 8 analog inputs, but that does NOT include driveshaft or VSS. It will have the option of selecting "high" or "low" depending on the temp range of the EGT you are wanting to monitor.

Dusty give me a call when you need a boost controller. Your car is going to need something better than an Innovative.

HighPSI said:
The EGT option isn't released yet. Bill is correct about the 8 analog inputs, but that does NOT include driveshaft or VSS. It will have the option of selecting "high" or "low" depending on the temp range of the EGT you are wanting to monitor.

Dusty give me a call when you need a boost controller. Your car is going to need something better than an Innovative.

Cal,

What is that much better?
We have gone 7s on the stock suspension with one?
Maybe I can get Chris to upgrade.

I ve seen the one cal has wiht datalogs, and ill tell you my innovative is good but that thing is damn on the money and hte ramp is incredibly accurate, one thing my innovaitve was never very good at

Cal and Otto a little more information when available please.

John, the new unit I sell is much, much more accurate. It probably is overkill for 90% of the Buick guys. It has an internal datalogger, 5 bar MAP, etc.. It needs CO2 to work. When you guys are ready, I can send you one to try out. I know Chris's attention to detail, so am confident he won't want to send it back once he tries it :)

As for EGT's. I am putting together EGT sensor kits for the XFI as we speak. These will be completely wired and plug into the analog plug on the harness. Pricing should fall in around $600. Not sure if there is a market for them at that price, so would love any feedback.

As for EGT's. I am putting together EGT sensor kits for the XFI as we speak. These will be completely wired and plug into the analog plug on the harness. Pricing should fall in around $600. Not sure if there is a market for them at that price, so would love any feedback.
What you waiting for wheres mines ? :wink:

Consider it done, Laz. As we speak, these are going into production and will be available after the first of the year. You will get one of the first ones.

Im closer i want mines first :p i will even have a motor to use it on .I need 4 bolt gn1 atr headers now and we are set .

Got me there Laz,Mines not ready yet. :p But soon enough but need the bungs to get welded to the 4 bolt headers i already have :p