X-Box owners... game suggestions?

TurboJim

JCC Racing Member Forum Tech Advisor
Staff member
Got an X-Box for Xmas, yesterday went out and got the HD adaptors and hooked into my theater. Have HALO, GTAIII, Brute Force and the Star Wars/Tetris game that comes with it.

I'm not big on fighting sims (read: I suck at them) but I do love driving games. Is there an equivelant of GT3 for PS2 on XBox? If not, what are the good games, and prefrebly games that are in 480p minimum? (I'd love to see one in 1080i...I'd buy it just to see how good it looks :p

Oh, BTW, this is played on a 55" widescreen Mitsu RPT (BOOOYAAAA)

Jim

Project Gotham racing 2, Max Payne 2, and lets see I like Soilder of Fortune 2.

All those are good. Need for speed underground is pretty cool if you can put up with the club music. I thought it was pretty neat. The colors and graphics are pretty cool.I also really like Rallysport Challenge, and they are about to release Rallsport challenge 2.

If you are in to:

Shoot 'em up games - Unreal Championship

Football - NFL Fever '04

Racing - Project Gotham Racing (but it doesn't hold a flame to GT3 though)

Brandon

Project Gotham racing 2 is sweet for a racing game. You have to get rainbow six three also, those are the only 2 games i own and you must get Xbox LIVE for online play.

You'll be busy for days!

~Murt

Jim,

The the ever fun game called Richs Auto.............you can build cars, let your friends store their cars in your back garage for months or years on end with no payment in sight. Friends can use your tools, break hanging lights, break your parts washers with no financial restituion.

Then if you collect enough friendship points you can let your friends borrow your truck and trailer for months on end of drag racing fun.

Then if all goes well you and your friends can go to the track and taunt each other and other local gurus:D

Its rated mature for the content of the garage and instructional videos.

We sell it here for $19.95.........let me know if I can send you a copy.

PS. No group purchases available as I hate the word group purchase.

Project Gotham 2, Need for Speed: Underground, and Medal of Honor: Rising Sun are both supposed to be really good, I'd also suggest:

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Crimson Skies
SSX3 (Snowboarding)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater Underground (Skateboarding)
Max Payne 2
Grand Theft Auto 3/ GTA: Vice City

-Jade

Originally posted by Buicksx2
Jim,

The the ever fun game called Richs Auto.............you can build cars, let your friends store their cars in your back garage for months or years on end with no payment in sight. Friends can use your tools, break hanging lights, break your parts washers with no financial restituion.

PS. No group purchases available as I hate the word group purchase.

Hmm..how many friendship points do I haveta collect to get some guru's here to motivate ME to get my ****box done instead of playing video games <grin>

Oh yea, does lifting the car up on the lift till the open trunk embeds the trunk key in the ceiling count for friendship pointgs? Or did you do that yourself.....

I'll get this project going one of these days......

high on the list for me would be a mod chip. I saw a couple of modded xbox's over the holliday, they do some pretty cool things. copy games to the harddrive, use a bigger harddrive, play xvid, divx, etc from the hard drive on the xbox, ftp xfer files back and forth, stream mp3's from a computer on the same network as the xbox, it'll pretty much do it all.

Originally posted by TurboJim
Hmm..how many friendship points do I haveta collect to get some guru's here to motivate ME to get my ****box done instead of playing video games <grin>

Oh yea, does lifting the car up on the lift till the open trunk embeds the trunk key in the ceiling count for friendship pointgs? Or did you do that yourself.....

I'll get this project going one of these days......

>>>> 10,000 friendship points much like the Jersey shore arcade cames gets you a Platehead keychain.

I say we set a date/weekend and all of us belonging to RCA/JCC and we come up and get your ****box done and we do that "Special" RCA/JCC internet project we've been discussing. Lets set the dates and just get it done.

That key thing wasnt done by me lifting car up on lift, I have matched up the key with the hole made in ceiling and it just doesnt jive. Me thinks some Plate from CT did it.

But lets get the crew up there and get your car done so we can get you racing this year.

10,000 friendship points much like the Jersey shore arcade cames gets you a Platehead keychain.

>>>> big seller around here :p
I say we set a date/weekend and all of us belonging to RCA/JCC and we come up and get your ****box done and we do that "Special" RCA/JCC internet project we've been discussing. Lets set the dates and just get it done.
>>>> Lets do it...Seriously..

That key thing wasnt done by me lifting car up on lift, I have matched up the key with the hole made in ceiling and it just doesnt jive. Me thinks some Plate from CT did it.

>>>>No I did not. I wouldn't do that...

But lets get the crew up there and get your car done so we can get you racing this year.

>>>>> Yes..ASAP

Jim, you don't have time for games. GET TO WORK! But IF you do find time, check out Tom Clancey's Splintercell. I've got Halo and Rainbow Six right now :)

I have been playing True Crime Streets of LA for a couple days.
It is pretty darn good. Kind of like a Grand Theft Auto Vide, but set in modern day LA. Don't play it with kids around because the soundtrack is raw west coast gangster rap! The game play has shooting, fighting and drving elements.

Give it a shot!

Originally posted by Buicksx2
>>>> 10,000 friendship points much like the Jersey shore arcade cames gets you a Platehead keychain.

Damn, just counted, I have 1,286 and 3 days left in the year to get 9,000 more. I dont think its gonna happen this year... :-P

Mike, I actually get 2 days off a week with my current job. When I'm not doing housework, yardwork, fixing things at the inlaws, fixing things at friends houses, fixing my own stuff, I play a video game or two :) Guess its no wonder I suck at them!

I borrowed Project Gotham from a friend. Excellent game. Gonna be a "buyer" BUT WILL NEED A WHEEL. Dont know how you can play a driving game with a joystick.

Just hate to have 5 fat RCA cables strewn across the living room. Anyone know if they make a module to convert corded controllers into wireless ones? ie: wireless steering wheel....

I never got into Halo - the levels are too long and you can't save it halfway through, so if you die you gotta keep doing the same crap over and over. Not my style.

I LOVE Medal of Honor - Frontline. Storming the Normandy beaches? Awesome! This game does have its annoyances, but it's the only game that's really held my interest. I haven't played the new Rising Sun one yet where you go through Pearl Harbor and all that. Sounds cool.

Project Gotham 1 is great; I heard 2 is good as well. You can pickup 1 for real cheap on ebay or at a store like "Game Spot" that sells used games.

Rallisport challenge is awesome (I own a WRX so I try not to play it too often or I'll start driving like more of a maniac in real life).

I just got Matrix for xmas, but I haven't opened it yet.