wtf

SickNasty

where do i start...ok got some mickey thompson et streets today. I figured i would take the car out and try out the new tires. Did one hole shot and in the process the red oil light lights up on the dash and i check the oil pressure gauge..sure enough i have no oil pressure. so i shut it down immediately. i pop the hood and smoke is pouring. oil is everywhere underneath the car and i have a huge oil trail behind me. so i start looking for the problem. The car has a TA performance front cover and the place where you have the stud coming out with the nylon washers that threads in with the pressure spring behind it is completely missing. the threads are all fine...but it was just an open hole that was pouring oil. I bought this front cover already assembled. For that to come loose is crazy. so i remember i have another stock front cover set up at the house. I have somebody run it to me and i go ahead and put in a pressure spring and thread in the plug. luckily i have a whole case of brad penn in the back seat i bought and didnt take out yet. I put in 6 quarts and fire it up....still no oil pressure and i could hear the top end chattering so i shut it off real fast. didnt hear nothing knocking on the bottom end. long story short waited on the side of the road for 2 hours to get it on a roll-back. . This makes me think...since i lost damn near all the oil in the car the oil pump would have lost prime. maybe ill pack the oil pump with vasolene and try it tomorrow. Even with a messed up motor you would still show some oil pressure...i wasnt showing any so it wasnt picking anything up. Also....with a TA performance cover can i run the a regular spring and thread the plug back in or do you have to have the set up it comes with? I still cant believe that came loose and was pouring oil....if the motor is trashed im gonna to be a pissed off camper. Anybody ever heard of this happening?

If the nut and spring came off, the plunger is probably gone, and it needs to be there for oil pressure?

Before you pack the pump, see if the plunger is place or not.

You can use a regular stock "threaded plug" in place of the adjustable one.

If the threaded nut was loose at install, oil should have been leaking there, never lost one though?

You lost prime when you sucked the pan dry.

Put your stock plunger, spring, and valve and gasket in there. Fill up the oil filter with oil put it on. If you're running the stock oil cooler, disconnect the line from the radiator and poke it through the corner of a ziplock crack bag. Wrap electrical tape around it to make it oil tight and pour oil in it. You should be able to slowly see it percolate down.

If you're not running an oil cooler adapter, same thing with the turbo feed.

When you bust it off and regain pressure (hopefully), it might now be a bad idea to drain the oil and cut open the filter to look for flakes and sparkles.