WTB - Inquiring about Stage block and crank

jjvites

Just bought a T/A set up for 1/4 mile, spool 9 inch, frame connectors, Spohn suspension ,etc., chassis ran in the mid 9's with a Chevy that was removed.
Wanting to go into the high9's/low 10's eventually. Thinking of either building a girdled 109 block or maybe going Stage 2 if I can piece together an "affordable" shortblock.
If you guys can give me some imput as to what you might sell your extra Stage 2 block and crank, it would be appreciated. Please no "fixer" blocks or cranks.

Thanks,
Marty

jjvites said:
Just bought a T/A set up for 1/4 mile, spool 9 inch, frame connectors, Spohn suspension ,etc., chassis ran in the mid 9's with a Chevy that was removed.
Wanting to go into the high9's/low 10's eventually. Thinking of either building a girdled 109 block or maybe going Stage 2 if I can piece together an "affordable" shortblock.
If you guys can give me some imput as to what you might sell your extra Stage 2 block and crank, it would be appreciated. Please no "fixer" blocks or cranks.

Thanks,
Marty

Decent Crank= $1000-1400
Decent block (.020,.030) = $1000-2000. If I were you, I wouldn't pass on a block that possibly needs a sleeve or some other repair. You can find them pretty cheap and it's only a couple hundred to have a reputable shop perform the necessary repairs. I am not trying to dismiss your afforadable approach, but stage stuff is big $$$ unfortunately. Good luck though, you never know what kind of a sweet deal you might run across. :)

Big Stu said:
Decent Crank= $1000-1400
Decent block (.020,.030) = $1000-2000. If I were you, I wouldn't pass on a block that possibly needs a sleeve or some other repair. You can find them pretty cheap and it's only a couple hundred to have a reputable shop perform the necessary repairs. I am not trying to dismiss your afforadable approach, but stage stuff is big $$$ unfortunately. Good luck though, you never know what kind of a sweet deal you might run across. :)

Big Stu,
Thank you for your experience. After watching the boards for a while now I have realized that the Stage stuff is pricey. But I have noticed that some of the regulars who watch carefully snag some good deals very quickly. Thats business. I am looking for just one build up and will try to be prudent. I'm willingto pay the going price but there is the low side and then there is the high side of what someone thinks it's worth. Somewhere inthe middle will be O.K.
As far as repairs go, I might be O.K. with some type of repair but there are those that genaded the side, missing skirt pieces, and even water seapage that would not be worth the chance.