WTB: 86-87 t-body

matt94z

I cant get my TPS sensor to set correctly, we tried 2 different sensors, so Im thinking something is wrong with the throttle body...

Looking for a complete 86-87 t-body with good working IAC and TPS sensors. Cash in hand... I would prefer to Paypal the cash so i can get the parts quicker!

Thanks, Matt

Prob nothing wrong with the TB, more than likely need to adjust the TPS a little more. You may even need to file the "guides" on the TPS as well to get the correct adjustment.

"http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/maintenance/TPS.html"

Note: Occaisonally a TPS will need the moon shaped grooves honed out a bit with a rat tail file to get enough adjustment, but normally the trick of moving the sensor as far foward as possible gives enough adjustment. Also, be very careful around the little roll pin that rests on the throttle lever, since it can bend or break.

This should do the trick!

Well I had help from someone that is very familiar with adjusting TB TPS sensors. The pin ended up snapping eventually, and i used a nail for now. But I dont see what else it could be. Im not even sure this is the correct t-body for this engine.

Well I had help from someone that is very familiar with adjusting TB TPS sensors. The pin ended up snapping eventually, and i used a nail for now. But I dont see what else it could be. Im not even sure this is the correct t-body for this engine.

If you go to the parts for sale section you will see a thread for an 87 grill and t. body for sale. I have put close up pictures of the t. body in the thread so you can compare to what you have.. It is sold already just thinking the pictures might help you determine if you have the correct one.

Ok, that helps! My IAC facing the passenger side valve cover. I wonder if its from a front wheel drive 3.8?