WTB..22 Target Pistol ?

rmar

Yo Baby Daddy
Ok, looking for a 22LR target pistol. I can go buy a new MK3 or Buck but I was wanting to see if any of you degenerates had any thing high speed first. I like classics but will consider any quality gun.
O and advise is always appreciated and almost never followed...:D

Thanks
Ronnie

I have Ruger Mark III target. I would recommend it to anyone. Accurate with adjustable rear sight and heavy enough that it feels confident in the hand. Only problem is teardown and reassembly is a pain. Oh yeah it's not for sale. :)

Come on guys.................start preaching.. Lol. Tell me what ya got and why.

I have Ruger Mark III target. I would recommend it to anyone. Accurate with adjustable rear sight and heavy enough that it feels confident in the hand. Only problem is teardown and reassembly is a pain. Oh yeah it's not for sale. :)

I love this gun! All stainless steel, very accurate....nice balance......almost bought one, and still want one....perfect for target practice.......the green or orange dayglow sights on it are terrific. Great little gun. I still may get one come income tax time....

Ronnie, please promise me you'll try out this Ruger before you purchase an other. I think you'll really like it.

Bruce '87 Grand National

I had problems with my stainless ruger target pistol and that is not normal. I bought a Browning, also with adjustable target sites, and it's been a great little gun. The Browning is black matte though and not stainless. Both had nice formed grips.

My dad has had the Ruger with a bull barrel for over 30 years. We have put thousands and thousands of rounds through it with no issues. VERY accurate gun. I love that thing!

I have a old Browning Challenger. 6.75 and made a mistake and !et my wife shoot it.
But it doesn't fit her hands well. Took her to da LGD and she really likes the Camper and or the Standard 5.5 URX. And I'm OK with that. But while looking around for her I got the fever for a new tack driver. The best part about the ruger is the aftermarket support for go fast parts. But I would definitely be interested in some old classics. I'm kind of a extremest. But not into $3k 22s.
Don't need a race gun also.......lol

Looks like she's getting the Buckmark Standard URX....stainless. Truglo wit adjustable target sights.

If money is no object; smith and wesson mod. 41. I sold mine a year ago because i wasnt using it and have regretted it ever since.

The SW 2206 is a hell of a gun if you can find one. They cost more now then they did when the was new. I would only look at the stainless model.
I know the newer version of this gun was just on sale at Cabelas.

She got the browning........but I'm still looking. 41 is too picky and pricey for her to start. I do know where several are at (old) but will not sell. Heck i even looked at the Volquartsens.
I just kind of like the oldies...So i'll wait and run into a 41 or good high standard, tailside ect....
In the mean time mark 3 and slowly add some highspeed parts until i could have bought a volquartsen....lol

Last edited:
I bought a Ruger 22/45 Lite. Very pleased with it. Probably not as accurate at 50 yards as some of the other models mentioned in this thread, but I am very happy with it.

I would highly recommend the Browning Buck Mark Hunter. Beautiful gun, well made, very accurate, and highly dependable. I've got over 10,000 rounds through mine and FTF's and stovepipes are quite infrequent. Did I mention that it is very accurate?

Then I bought a Buck Mark Camper URX with the intention of hotrodding it. Completely sucks. It hardly ever makes it through a complete clip without issue. I need to send it back but never got around to doing it yet.

competition target model. nothing like em

i have a mark 2 gov't target model, mark 3 competition, and mark 3 hunter. all have 6 7/8" barrels and all can out shoot my ability. Ruger was built on thier .22 pistols and make the finest in the world.

competition target model. nothing like em i have a mark 2 gov't target model, mark 3 competition, and mark 3 hunter. all have 6 7/8" barrels and all can out shoot my ability. Ruger was built on thier .22 pistols and make the finest in the world.

I know it's not a target model, but just bought this 22/45 Lite for plinking . There are tons of "hop up" parts for these guns, the same basic innards from Mark I thru the new 22/45's...

wm_6647795.jpg

Hot damn! I'm lovin' that 22/45 ! Looks like it's not CA. compliant though. :(

That said, i'm pretty happy with my Smith 22A. It's a complete tank with this red dot, but it's spot on at 75 yrds.

photo(5).JPG

Sweet, that 22/45 Lite..........is lite.lol really its like holding a empty beer can. My wife loved it in the LGS. I said no no.

Look up a S & W model 41. Great target pistol, fine machine I've had Rugers and Buckmarks. I shoot the 41 in bullseye competion.