Wrx

All I can say about the STi is we just bought one for my wife and I love it. When I have a choice between the GN and STi to drive I've been taking the STi. :eek: I wasn't a fan of the wing at first and was going to replace it, but it is factory so I'm leaving it on. (you wouldn't take a Superbirds wing off, would you?) Say all you want about the car, but it is a blast to drive and I'm glad we got it.

Originally posted by 1970gsx
All I can say about the STi is we just bought one for my wife and I love it. When I have a choice between the GN and STi to drive I've been taking the STi. :eek: I wasn't a fan of the wing at first and was going to replace it, but it is factory so I'm leaving it on. (you wouldn't take a Superbirds wing off, would you?) Say all you want about the car, but it is a blast to drive and I'm glad we got it.

I agree! I've found myself doing the same thing with my Cobb stage II WRX. The car is simply a blast to drive.

In the "Site Suggestion" I just requested that we have an "Other Turbo Car" section so we can talk about our WRX/STi's and so forth. I see that there are a lot of members here that have these cars.

Frank

whats great about the sti is that its made outta plastic....wait that aint great, those cars are crap. the ones that are still running will probably be fetching some money because of the fact that there a sti the wing on the back is rice you dont think that they could have made something more functional that didnt look like the wings the other kids are buying, thats why they made the wing look like that because its appealing to those that want that "fast and furious" look just like somoeone else said at lease you can get an evo without that wing, and the evo smoked the sti in everything that i seen, with the evo's wing off, so if they wanted an evo with the wing off when they compared them that tells me that they perform better with no wing, but i did also forget that many people need to cross the mohabi desert to get to the grocery store before they close or death valley to get to school in time, so now i see why they put that wing on here. You know it is pretty good that they made a car that has 5 hp less than the cobra even though its a v8 but then again it also has a turbo charger too so how fair is that. oh and the final production site for the sti is in gunma japan, i guess some of you must be bush fans.

Originally posted by ViciousV6
IrvJr..... good kill!!

The only Cobras selling for $26k have higher mileage, or the owner needs to unload them quickly. Besides, the car has only been out for a year. It always takes domestic cars a few years to start holding their value or reappreciating

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...dvanced=n&start_year=2003&color=&cardist=2300

This was the 2nd car that came up on an AutoTrader search. 15k miles and it's a dealer. I am sure many many more examples could be found.

SO since I am to lazy to read all the posts,,bottom line is a WRX or STI will get the jump ,,but always take it in the rear after we get going..

GN = Slow start but wins
WRX= good start but looses
STI = Good start but looses,not as bad

Preach to me all you want ,,I dont care for the new breed of rice,,Subie..
:p :p

Originally posted by 87grandnat
whats great about the sti is that its made outta plastic....wait that aint great, those cars are crap.

Actually, no. Its all metal. Aluminum hood, steel body panels, steel space-frame with some beefy roof and side protection. I've seen photos of dozens of WRXs that have been flipped. Drivers walked away in almost every case. Mine was hit (while parked) by some kid in a Taurus. I needed a new rear bumper, his car wasn't drivable.

They're not cheap plastic cars. They're as tough as anything on the road.

thats why they made the wing look like that because its appealing to those that want that "fast and furious" look just like somoeone else said at lease you can get an evo without that wing, and the evo smoked the sti in everything that i seen,

You must not have looked very hard at those reviews. The STi won every acceleration test I have read, and was barely beat in road course and handling tests by the EVO. The EVO has the benefit of a very quick ratio steering rack and i s a bit lighter. It's easier to drive. But, there was no "smoking" involved in any published review.

final production site for the sti is in gunma japan, i guess some of you must be bush fans.

WHAT?

gunma =, japan is the final site of production for the sti, what i am saying is that you must agree with giving all your money to other countries just like bush gave 125 billion or something like that therefor you must be a bush fan

I guess I just don't get all the ProSubaru stuff here. If you love em so much go hang out on their BB.. This is a TR BB. I love and own other cars but do u see me singing the praise of em here? no.. All you Subaru lovers go away and hang at the ricer bb's.. :)You guys can compare wing sizes and fart can sizes..

I agree with FlyinGN. I love my truck but you dont hear me talkin bout the mods ive done to it. Other cars = other webboards.

Scott

I guess I just don't get all the ProSubaru stuff here. If you love em so much go hang out on their BB.. This is a TR BB. I love and own other cars but do u see me singing the praise of em here? no.. All you Subaru lovers go away and hang at the ricer bb's.. You guys can compare wing sizes and fart can sizes..

I jumped in to defend when others started bashing. Frank,if you love other cars so much, why the hate for a factory fast car? (faster than a stock GN from the factory by the way) Maybe some of you should take off your Buick sunglasses and realize there are other cars in the world.

We all realize there are other car in the world. Dont lump us in with the ricers who cant realize a grocery getter can smoke their ride. We just dont want to talk about them on OUR board. If you love them, go love them on that board. How did my post become a pissing contest between lovers/haters? I posted a fun event with a WRX, who had a decent guy who gave me the thumbs up, and it turns into this crap.

Scott

Greg, apparently you did not understand what I was trying to say. I SAID that I love other cars too but you DON'T hear me singing their praise HERE. There NO place at a TR BB singing praise of a Subaru. Do that at another bb. Like I do..
Is that clearer?

Originally posted by 1970gsx
I guess I just don't get all the ProSubaru stuff here. If you love em so much go hang out on their BB.. This is a TR BB. I love and own other cars but do u see me singing the praise of em here? no.. All you Subaru lovers go away and hang at the ricer bb's.. You guys can compare wing sizes and fart can sizes..

I jumped in to defend when others started bashing. Frank,if you love other cars so much, why the hate for a factory fast car? (faster than a stock GN from the factory by the way) Maybe some of you should take off your Buick sunglasses and realize there are other cars in the world.

Frank, the thread is titled WRX .Of course you are going to read about Subaru's and people who like and dislike them. Maybe we should just post races against other TR's in here, how boring. I can see not posting about WRX's in the tech forum, but in here and the lounge I don't see the problem. If you don't want to read about other types of cars on a TR BB, then don't click on a thread that's title WRX. ;)

Originally posted by 87grandnat
gunma =, japan is the final site of production for the sti, what i am saying is that you must agree with giving all your money to other countries just like bush gave 125 billion or something like that therefor you must be a bush fan

....WHAT?

You suck at this "debate" thing.

Heres my summary i agree that the sti is a good car,but i don't like rice rockets and there no way a sti can take an 03 cobra especially on the street where mph is the main factor,I went to the track and saw a 03 cobra with just kn run a 12.7 at 108+ i never saw any sti's run a 12.8 the ones i saw where running 13.4's,The only thing these cars have is all wheel drive after that its all over for them my buick runs 12.8's alky,kn,91 octane,single 3 inch exhaust street tires @107 mph i have raced several sti's and wrx ,wrx are are much much slower,and the stis seem to perform about the same they get me off the line then i pass em like there standing still I completely waste em from a roll.Also why does everyone clown the stangs hey i have owned nothing but g-bodies in my life but therustangs are respectable cars there excellent buys,easy to mod and light 85-92 are dirt cheap,i wouldn't buy one.You guys call the mustang a girlie car then the sti is certainly one its horrible has no sort of manliness to it sounds awful too,of course nothing beats the feeling of driving a real mans car a GN:cool: chICKS DIG THE MY BIG BLACK BEAST:D If i had to race a 03 cobra or sti for pinks slips in a street race i would pick the sti even though hell get me off the line it has absolutely no mph to keep it going now the cobra can keep going only now cuz i still have stock turbo and downpipe

FWIW, an 03 Cobra is a mid 12 sec car no matter what a magazine says. All you have to do is drive it right and not spin the tires too much.

A STI is a very low 13sec. car that is capable of 1.7-1.8 60s on street tires, but starts losing out at the top end.

I have driven both and I think the 03 will always be a faster car in stock form.

I also think that they are very nice cars, however, hitting 3rd in the Cobra is kind of a PITA. If I had to choose I would pick the STI, its a lot more fun to throw around corners and play around with in the twisties. I already have a RWD car w/500hp anyway for the strip.

However, I would choose a TR over both of them. :D

turbo6 inm not trying to debate, there is no debate about it an sti is a jappy rice burner from the factory thats all there is to that, does it perform well?......yes but its still crap and has nothing compared to a slightly modded and tuned gn or any turbo regal for tha matter. you know some one else made a good point by saying that people say mustangs are girlie cars like theres any kind of manlyness to a sti...none what so ever

hey dude the only reason its gonna be on the cover is to show that even japans best factory car cant f*ck with a decent american muscle car.......come on man open up your eyes.

Originally posted by blackstallion
blah blah blah blah blah

Care to buy a period?

87grandnat: You are comparing modded cars to the STi. Do you have a problem admitting that the STi would **** all over a stock TR? Because it will. In the straights and in the turns.

Do you think that everybody is going to driving around in stock STis? Or that STis respond worse to mods than a TR or 03 Cobra? I bet we'll be seeing plenty of 11-second STis on stock motor, maybe just an upgraded turbo and the supporting mods. Stop being such a blind, brand-loyal nazi and realize that while you may not like how the STi looks or where it was built, it is a high-performance vehicle with serious performance in mind.

I'm not defending our local WRX fanboys (boostedmaxPSI and I Eat Z06) but I agree with them in saying that you need to give the STi more credit. How in the hell is it crap?