Wrench-O-Thon

jwillettgn

Finally getting closer to getting this thing back together. The Roller rockers came in yesterday and the headers and downpipe should be here soon. Zack plans to measure for the pushrods Saturday and get them on order. Next he is going to tear the long block back down and clean everthing up. After that we will try to set a date for a W-O-T to get this thing set up right. I will buy the steaks and beer. This project is 5+ years in the making and counting. LOL

Jim

jwillettgn said:
Finally getting closer to getting this thing back together. The Roller rockers came in yesterday and the headers and downpipe should be here soon. Zack plans to measure for the pushrods Saturday and get them on order. Next he is going to tear the long block back down and clean everthing up. After that we will try to set a date for a W-O-T to get this thing set up right. I will buy the steaks and beer. This project is 5+ years in the making and counting. LOL

Jim

Hhhhhmmmmm.... Beer!! :D

K.

Jim trust me you do not want several hands while putting things together, things get forgotten or not torqued the way it should be. also if something goes wrong you cant blame anyone but yourself. now if you need some assistance me or the person that posted above me would gladly help out. work permitting.

Good point. We got behind today, found a leak in the T/A radiator and had to pull that. Then got on the GN and found that we need to grind the rocker mounts to get the rockers to fit. Oh well just one more thing to do.

Jim

jwillettgn said:
Then got on the GN and found that we need to grind the rocker mounts to get the rockers to fit. Oh well just one more thing to do.

Jim

Jim,

Yeah, the rocker pedastals need to be clearanced for roller rockers. Also depending on the lift of your cam the valve guides would need to be machined for clearance as well. Let me know if you need help in this area, we have the tools to make it look pretty... ;)

K.

Thanks Keith, We are going to pull the heads back off anyway to clean everthing back up. I have a die grinder with some carbide bits that should do the trick. The cam is an ATR 309G 206/212 it think, I will have to check the lift, we got 1.6 rocker arms.

I will have to call you about the radiator in Zacks car Part #52466004 and battery tray/coolant reservoir 10402687. I think those are the correct numbers for a 97 T/A WS6 LT-1 car.

Thanks,
Jim

TurboIndian said:
Jim trust me you do not want several hands while putting things together, things get forgotten or not torqued the way it should be. also if something goes wrong you cant blame anyone but yourself. now if you need some assistance me or the person that posted above me would gladly help out. work permitting.

Nahhhh, the more the better.... :rolleyes: You know what they say about opinions!! :biggrin:

K.