Wow!.. I have a ton to learn!

aggie97

Ford guy learning Buicks!
Howdy all! My girlfriend just bought an 87 GN as she has always wanted one. We are a road racing family with an American Iron 2000 Mustang, and a 99 Camaro SS...and a crappy Neon Lemons car! Suffice to say I have a ton of projects around the shop.

The GN is VERY clean as the previous owner liked to show it, but apparently blew the motor and couldn't pay the shop for the rebuild and alas, we picked it up cheap. Well, I don't think the shop knew what they were doing and it's already popped a head gasket so I will be learning me some buick talk!

<---Mopar guys who races fords! LOL!

Anyway, car is sharp, has 61k miles and some sort of aftermarket downpipe and exhaust. Autometer guage says it's making 15lbs of boost and has a LOUD BOV which is sort of cool. I plan on having a GN buddy in town look over the car this weekend and give me the run down of what we wound up with and what I might have ahead of me after I finish putting our other 3 cars back together! I'm either insane or really like working down at our shop?!

Anyway, I'll be reading a lot and asking a few questions once I find out what we have in our hands. Hope to have a fun, reliable weekend driver that can run with the big dogs when need be on the way to the occassional car show.

Thanks and be gentle!

Matt

hi
whats your location
figure an aggie has got to be somewhere in tx
im in Blanco TX w/86 gn
FYI - we all have experience with blown hg
maybe we can converse sometime
welcome

hi
whats your location
figure an aggie has got to be somewhere in tx
im in Blanco TX w/86 gn
FYI - we all have experience with blown hg
maybe we can converse sometime
welcome

Used to live in Plano. Just moved back to College Station with my girlfriend.

Thanks!