WOW, does anyone know this car on eBay

dont know him....

BUT WOW I m impressed - that looks like one helluva ride. Never seen a twin turbo like that - looks clean and symetrical - AWESOME!!!!:eek: its good to see he took the original drivetrain out to save also.:wink:

Looks like a killer car done rite, but I cant believe someone actually did that to a GNX!!! :eek:

It's real, but the miles (if correct) were put on a quarter mile at a time since about 2001. There have been two previous attempts to part out the engine and transmission (2004 and 2006), both unsuccessful.

Car is #020.

Doug

That is an awesome twin turbo setup. But what I don't understand is why it's being sold through a third party, isoldit. They take a percentage of the sale don't they? Seller must be real desperate to sell if he's taking pictures of the it in that weather!!

Nice car but I rather just have the roller, wish it were up for sale:biggrin:

I don't like the way the induction air comes in...

He's got the engine/tranny and rear end in the pics (out of car) so I assume they come in the deal.

It's real, but the miles (if correct) were put on a quarter mile at a time since about 2001. There have been two previous attempts to part out the engine and transmission (2004 and 2006), both unsuccessful.

Car is #020.

Doug

Any idea what they were asking for it back in 04 and 06?

Lets see here 6thousand mile GNX , 50thousand in upgrades.

Do you have any history of the car?

Thank you
BW

He's got the engine/tranny and rear end in the pics (out of car) so I assume they come in the deal.

Yes, the auction states that they do. No mention of the original driver's seat, A/C equipment or the original wheels though. ???

The description of the mods is funny too. Typical clueless seller:

Features

* Tonneau Cover: Soft
Oh really?

DriveTrain

# TURBO 400 Transmission
# Custom FORD 9' Rear End
# GNX Later Bar Suspension
# 289 Gearing
# 4 Wheel BARE disk brakes
# 3 Piece HRE Wheels 45 Front & 95/40 Back 17'
Huh?

Oh, and Quick6'n'-K.C.; the description claims $120,000 in upgrades. :eek:

Yes, the auction states that they do. No mention of the original driver's seat, A/C equipment or the original wheels though. ???

The description of the mods is funny too. Typical clueless seller:

Features

* Tonneau Cover: Soft
Oh really?

DriveTrain

# TURBO 400 Transmission
# Custom FORD 9' Rear End
# GNX Later Bar Suspension
# 289 Gearing
# 4 Wheel BARE disk brakes
# 3 Piece HRE Wheels 45 Front & 95/40 Back 17'
Huh?

Oh, and Quick6'n'-K.C.; the description claims $120,000 in upgrades. :eek:

I saw that too, those are suggested retail prices, and my prices were fair market value for the parts.

So does anyone have more info on this butchered GNX or GN with 120k worth of upgrades?

Seems like the GNX crowd isnt talking much about it...:redface:

What a rush it would be turning that back to stock.
BW

It's real, but the miles (if correct) were put on a quarter mile at a time since about 2001.

Dont think the miles are correct because if you look close the speedo does not have the correct pointer. looks like a newer style SW speedo.

I think he would get more money for the car if he put it back to stock but I guess we will have to wait and see what it sells for.

Isn't this tire on backwards? That's the front of the left side, correct? Looks like the front lower air dam.

Dont think the miles are correct because if you look close the speedo does not have the correct pointer. looks like a newer style SW speedo.

I think he would get more money for the car if he put it back to stock but I guess we will have to wait and see what it sells for.

Here is the picture of the speedo cluster, are you saying its supposed to be a different color, or the pointer is just the incorrect one?
Ive never owned a GNX, so any info you have would help everyone here be able to point out the fake/ non original ones
Thanks

Attachments

• 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 605
Here's an original speedo. Looks like the pivot point on the pointer is a different style.

Attachments

• 03_4.jpg
    03_4.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 607
Might be one of the dash setup I sold or it could be a replacement speedo I sold.

It is sooooooooooooooooooo easy to roll back those SW gauges.

Joe