Would running pig rich cause this?

blackbuick87

Finally installed my hot wire kit today, I think it made things worse. B4 installing the kit I had 47 psi FP line off, 40psi on (a little high I know) I dont have a gauge at this moment so I cant tell you what my reading is now.

Anyways, I have leaded 110 in the tank now, and when I step on the gas I get popping and missing at 6psi if I tromp on it, or about 16-17psi if I roll into the throttle. Now keep in mind my car has brand new:
coil pack
plug wires
plugs
LT1 MAF and Translator

Today I finally thought to look at my O2's when this is happening and I am in the 850's and higher it looks like (kinda hard to read SM and drive) and I saw a 907 once and a 924 I think:eek:

Would high FP cause this to happen.
Tomorrow I hope to have a fuel pressure gauge.
Thanks

How much boost are you running? Were those 900's in the top of 3rd @WOT? If so, you are prolly flodding the motor.

Drop the fuel pressure to 44 and check your O2's. I would suggest getting a new O2 sensor if you've been running lots of leaded race gas.

Yes, If it IS too rich, it may pop.

HTH

Mine will pop pretty good and stumble and have a fit when it is real rich. I was having trouble getting my alky set right because when I sprayed the fuel mixture richened up so much. I am now trying 50/50 alky/H20 to lean things out.

Thanks for the input. The thing is since I put in the LT1 MAF I have great throttle response and no stumble. Total boost is set around 20 lbs but I cant get there anymore because it pops too early. This is really getting annoying and I am running out of things to replace.

Tomorrow my adjustable FPR is arriving from Ramchargers and I will be turning it down.