WOT locking converters 4l80e

need4spd

Does anybody know of a strong torque converter that can handle you locking the converter while off the throttle then when locked wide open throttle shifting 2-4th gear while still wide open throttle locked?

Options i've seen:

3 disks converters
5 disks converters
1 big single disk converter 10" inch converter which bulges at the bottom with a carbon fiber 12" inch disk just for locking pic attached
n/m i don't have 4 posts yet

Oh i am wanting to daily drive 700rwhp occasional 800rwhp
74mm turbo 4l80e

I have a killer piece,but it's not cheap!!

I make a billet 6 bolt pad, multi-disc converter with a billet lock up piston for the 4l80-e that is KILLER!!! It has over 100 sq in of spun wound carbon clutch lining (4 disc's) . When the converter locks up, it's just like another shift.

You also have percision industries, they make a great multi-disc as well.

For a turbo charged apps, and WOT lock ups, a single disc (no mater how big 12'' etc) isn't going to get the job done.

Mike.

I make a billet 6 bolt pad, multi-disc converter with a billet lock up piston for the 4l80-e that is KILLER!!! It has over 100 sq in of spun wound carbon clutch lining (4 disc's) . When the converter locks up, it's just like another shift.

You also have percision industries, they make a great multi-disc as well.

For a turbo charged apps, and WOT lock ups, a single disc (no mater how big 12'' etc) isn't going to get the job done.

Mike.

How much is not cheap? Warranty of any kind? Do you have a company website?
Why woudln't a single 12" inch disk hold?

Have a Vig 3 disc here in an 85 Camaro .. Locks it up racing all the time. mid 9 @ 140+ heavy street car :cool:

Surface area!!

How much is not cheap? Warranty of any kind? Do you have a company website?
Why woudln't a single 12" inch disk hold?

I'm working on a website now. 3yr warranty, 1 free stall during the warranty period. I'll pm you the price (i'm currently not a "supporting vendor) but i will be soon).

A stock 12'' lock up disc has material that is 5/8'' of an inch wide. The most you could hope for is 1'' wide material, but that would require a special built cover. I know TCS is doing some cool stuff with a single 12'' disc, and i must admit i haven't seen one, but even if the material was 2'' wide it wouldn't have the capacity of this:

Attachments

• 5_Disk_1.JPG
    5_Disk_1.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 168