WOT Lean condition .dat files attached

don86T

Hi,
I made a couple passes today and the car continues to runs lean at wot. I had to lift before the 8th with EGTs at 1725 and climbing. I've been dealing with this lean condtion for a while now. I've replaced the pump and have installed a gen II translator and a TT 5.7 chip do to the stock Maf failing. I plan to go with an extreme G chip but would like to get a couple clean runs first on a plug and play chip first.

Thanks for any help.
Don

Attachments

• 9.18.15 pass 1.dat
    88 KB · Views: 62
  • 9.18.15 pass 2.dat
    89 KB · Views: 63
What fuel? Running alky?

Have you tried adding fuel with the chip? Have you tried turning boost down?

Could really use a wideband and a G chip to take full advantage of the Gen2.

Fuel is a 50 50 mix of 93 and 110. Yes, also using a progressive alky kit. In th past I had been using that combo at up to 26 lb of boost with a fairly high timing race chip. I did try lowering the boost and added about 6% fuel at WOT. The alky cause some stumble at lower rpm but still leaned out at about 5,000 rpm at lower boost levels.

How old is the alky pump?

Was the chip made for your setup? If you have the chip# I can look it up.

Fuel is a 50 50 mix of 93 and 110. Yes, also using a progressive alky kit. In th past I had been using that combo at up to 26 lb of boost with a fairly high timing race chip. I did try lowering the boost and added about 6% fuel at WOT. The alky cause some stumble at lower rpm but still leaned out at about 5,000 rpm at lower boost levels.

The pump is about six years old (Sure flow pump). the chip was new in April, order number 11526. I hadn't thought about the alky pump getting weak, I'll get a tee for the line and hook up a gauge or get another sender for PL to record.

Thank you

Most of my alcohol chip programs assume a certain amount of alcohol will be spraying. Since 90% of guys use the Alkycontrol kit, I use that as the baseline. It will be lean if the alky amount is less than expected. In general, with these alky pumps, anything after 2 years, and they should be looked at.