Worst night i've had in a long time....damn Buick axle Question..

87chrisss

BLUBYU
well let me start off by saying i did a little burn out 3-4sec..my car is stock no power then i drove off and heard a klink klink klink from the rear while driving 45+ so get home put the car on jacks and put the car on gave it some gas my driver side rear tire is wobbling a bit so im assuming i bent an axle or???? had only 3 lugs?? someone tried to steel my gn wheels?? w.e.. i do have mt et' streets in the rear.. w.e so i take the tires off to take a better look and noticed the tire shop had put my tires on backwards the left should have been on the right per rotation arrow.. and i noticed the rims had no balancing weights? and missing lugs, on driver side never had a problem though? i take the drum off just to check the shoes when my phone goes off still had the drum off when i decided to hit the brake to put car in Park to take the call and go inside...so put the car on park everything came apart springs everywhere brake fluid squirting out the rear w.e i get off the phone no problem "2 hours" i put it all back together pitch dark no light but my cell and i didnt have any tools a vice grip and a flat head...i just moved and all my crap is in boxes, i finally fix the tires, and added a lug nuts no more noise but some vibration... still getting a slight little wobble on the same driver side not sure if i bent an axle or i dont know? Then i had no one to help me bleed the brakes so i couldnt test drive.. had to push the buick in the driveway by myself and the bumper scrapped the wall on the carport..damn... called it a night..how could i judge out if its a bent axle bad tire bad rim??? went to sleep a 3am super tired...

Wasup brother haven't spoken to you in a while, oh By the way i Like your gauge pod!!!! looks nice Really havent had a chance to tell you, or pm you, with the new xenforo site hard to get used to :confused: and i just moved, im setting up all my internet and crap at my new home today so i'll be online more..how's everything

LOL I've had days like that myself. With the wheel loose I'd look at it first to see if you damaged the mounting surface first. Put the rear up on stands and then put it in gear so you can get the wheels moving fast enough to see if there's a woble. If you have a second person this helps. I keep the tire markers just for this reason. Hold one of them up to the rim so that it contacts very lightly and if there's a warp in the rim it will skip mark it.

there's definitely a slight wobble i can see it it's very light wobble i only get vibration on the stands after 50 60+ mph not sure if vibration is normal at that mph on stands.. under that no vibration or noise, again the rims dont have weights so that might be the cause of the wobble at that mph..going to switch with some older rims i have and see what happens, or swap the fronts to the back since i know for sure those are balanced

there's definitely a slight wobble i can see it it's very light wobble i only get vibration on the stands after 50 60+ mph not sure if vibration is normal at that mph on stands.. under that no vibration or noise, again the rims dont have weights so that might be the cause of the wobble at that mph..going to switch with some older rims i have and see what happens, or swap the fronts to the back since i know for sure those are balanced

Did you get the tires balanced when you got them mounted? If so I would be calling the tire shop.

aftermarket aluminum wheels are known to loosen up after a bit- especially if they have shank style lug nuts. sometimes you get lucky the nuts just fall out one at a time until you start to feel a wobble, sometimes they loosen up enough to shear off the studs and the wheel goes in a different direction than the car.
if they are stock steel wheels, then the lugs didn't get properly torqued down and they spun off.
either way, look at the lug holes and centering bore on your wheels to make sure they aren't all gouged out from wobbling.

this is why no one but me ever works on my cars unless it's something i can't do myself, and i always always always check lug nuts if i get tires replaced by someone else.

i dont balance mickey radials ,
they spin a little on every launch so even the weights didnt fall off the balance wouldnt be good anyway