woodruf key for eagle crank

larryc

I have a eagle crank in my engine rebuild. I am having trouble finding a woodruf key that will fit. I bought one from TA Performance and it appears to be too short and lose. Stock key is too lose and too tall. I could machine the stock one down but the width has me worried. Can anyone tell me the correct key to use for this crank? Thanks

Call Dan @ DLS engine. he has everything you need for that crank. Do a search for member V6gofast.

You may want to simplify your engine assembly if you run an aftermarket balancer, have Dan or a quality shop machine the crank to accept a key that goes all the way to the end of the crank. It is a real pain to install a BGH balancer guessing that its lined up, if its not, scraping occurs. My eagle crank required relieving the block with a die grinder in about 7 places to clear. Dan can also set you up with the proper main and rod bearings to clear the huge fillets. It is a sweet crankshaft.
Mike

I was just noticeing that the key slot does not go all the way to the back of the crank. the woodruf key only catches half of the crank gear. Will this be an issue?

I am going to go with the TA Performance balancer. It looks like a Quality piece.