wont get richer with adding mroe fuel

liv4gnz

my wideband reads 11-11.5 is that fine or still lean?

when i add fuel through the tt chip it doesnt seem to make my a/f go richer

im at 139 from 128 increase for WOT fuel and i cant get any changes or even increase in 02 mv.

im not sure if im doing it wrong or whats going on?

Fuel pressure is raising 1-1 during boost fine it just doesn't seem to make a difference I shouldn't be having to increase fuel by almost 15 percent with what the chip was burned for

Make sure your MAF is hitting 255 at full boost. Also double check that you're adjusting the right parameter (param #1 for a 5.7 chip), and then go back and check it after a key off to make sure it didn't reset back to 128.
Eric

yes its parameter 1, im at 14 lbs with now 790-810 mv, a/f is at like 11-11.1 and my blm is 139 to get to it to start getting richer? why am i having to add so much more fuel to my chip in order to get it where its supposed to be?

I was looking at your chip order, which says stock heads (chip 8808). Is this the same car in your sig that says ported and polished heads? If so, then the chip will need a little more fuel.
However, you should be able to make it richer with the WOT fuel adjustment. I would confirm that the BLM on the scanmaster switches to your setting (139) when at WOT.
Also, try taking it way up, to like 150, and see if it gets richer. If not, then something else is going on, either fuel system, or possibly the wideband sensor may be going bad.
Eric

i have to change my sig, i went through my reciepts, the valves were done but the heads were not ported

i just didnt know if it was safe or a normal thing to have to increase fuel by that much from your chip out of the box, i was very hesitant to add that much
ill bump it up and see how it goes, now say its at 14 lbs and say it does get way richer, like 850 mv and around 10 a/f do i just turn the boost up lb by lb until i get to 16-17?

does running more boost lower the 02 mv and a/f or it stays the same not relevent to boost?

I bumped it to 150 02 is 810 and WB reads 10.2 I just didn't know if it was safe to increase it that much

It's at 16 lbs now chip is maxed at 154, wide band reads 10.2-10.4 wot, o2 mv still are low like 760-790, is it the chip that doesn't have enough fuel burned in or should I try bumping up fuel pressure any? It's at 42 line off 38 line on

liv4gnz said:
It's at 16 lbs now chip is maxed at 154, wide band reads 10.2-10.4 wot, o2 mv still are low like 760-790, is it the chip that doesn't have enough fuel burned in or should I try bumping up fuel pressure any? It's at 42 line off 38 line on

Slowly start backing the fuel number down from 154 and see how it reacts on the wideband reading. If its straight gasoline (no Alky) target around 11.2-11.5 , maybe a bit leaner depending on what the car likes. I run my fp at 44 line off.

Ok, but than 02 mv will lower and it's already lower than what I wanna see... I get like .5-1 kr at 150 blm why are mv not increasing

liv4gnz said:
Ok, but than 02 mv will lower and it's already lower than what I wanna see... I get like .5-1 kr at 150 blm why are mv not increasing

Because you can't trust a stock narrow band O2 sensor at WOT. Ignore it and pay attention to the wideband when on boost. Make sure you have the correct wideband sensor selected on the powerlogger also. Or are you just using the scan master? When is the knock happening? Rpm? Boost ? Timing? What plugs do you have?

No logger just the aem wide band and gage, plugs are cr43s, so I'm gonna lower the fuel to shoot for 11s first and start from there lb by lb

Everything is where it should be now150 goes from 10.9 and more rom goes to 11.1-2

Replaced a u joint that was bad and changed diff oil but I think the posi is the culprit for all my bad kr issues