wonderbar for TTA

turbozim

Hello all, I'm brand new to the forum, just bought TTA # 595, 37000 miles, and i'm researching some chassis mods. I was told that there is no wonderbar brace that fits the TTA becasuse the intercooler is in the way. Is there a way to get around this problem, do you have to move the intercooler?
Also, do the strut tower braces for TPI cars fit the TTA? Does one brand or another fit better?
I'm looking at sub frame connectors from TDS, i like the idea that they are bolt in so i can remove them and keep the car original.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

re:wonder bar and shock tower brace

i got my wonder bar to fit without intercooler clearance problems and the hotchkiss two point strut brace fits nicely but you have to drill holes in the strut towers to bolt it in. No three point brace fits. Also there are two factory 1le braces available that came on a few other cars on the upper back passenger side and lower drivers side engine compartment. I can post pictures if you need them....Dave

the wonderbar will fit - you need to install it upside down...

car_89_wonderbar.jpg

89ttawonderbar2.jpg

89ttawonderbar.jpg

I have subframe connectors from TDS and they are for the ttop cars with a 2004r and I cant' get them to fit with my exhaust. Just a heads up. Be sure itwill fit your car before buying, If you want mine you can have them. My exhaust is 3inch all the way they don't fit my car.

STB (strut tower brace) does not help on the 3rd gen cars.... the wonderbar does.

sfc make a huge difference.

Thanks for the info. I also found some good info using the search feature.

j13smiley, what brand did you use, looks like a nice fit.