WIW NOS Blue leather St. Wheel

gtokid1

OK now what is it worth a blue leather steering wheel for turbo Buick.The wheel is new old stock not a redone one.I have offered it to people looking for a wheel for $300.00 and have had no takers.Is it over priced or are the buyers just fishing.The redone
ones are about $275.00 plus your wheel.With mine you get to keep and sell you original wheel.Well what is your opinion?

Thanks
John

It's worth what people are willing to pay for it. It's also likely that no one sells a large volume of refurbished steering wheels to begin with and blue is a low volume color from the volume of cars produced. I certainly wouldn't limit myself to this board. Sounds like eBay time to me.

I paid that price for a butt cookie brown one on eBay last year only because it was NOS and cheaper than a reconditioned one. I had to have one for the 100 point restoration on the interior of one of my Rivs. The problem with any color but gray is nobody wants one bad. There is zero demand for 100% original parts for our cars. If you go to a car show I would venture to say a judge wouldn't know the difference between a recovered one and a new or near new steering wheel. People are always going to go cheaper unless there is an advantage to going with original. I would say if you have the time and have to get your amount for it hold on to it and keep advertising it and maybe if you and a buyer are in the right place at the right time type of deal. Is it still in the box with a part number? You might go over to www.rivowners.org . You can place an ad in the newsletter. Last year someone called me looking for a blue one so maybe you never know. I think you need to be a member so if you want e-mail me you information and I can submit it. Its like every newsletter out there though so if you miss the deadline you have to wait 2 months for it to run. The plus side is the ad runs for a year or until you ask them to stop it.

I see you first posted about it in 2004. Did you ever sell it or did someone just bring back this tread form the dead?

Yea I think someone resurrected it and then I inquired about it. Looks like they deleted their post though.