Wiseco Pistons

blackgn1

Set on TSM Boost
Anyone have any thoughts on the Stroker Wiseco pistons? Compaired to our other choices.

There A ok piston for the money. You know I like CP pistons : ) but its all in what you are wanting to do with the build.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Anyone have any thoughts on the Stroker Wiseco pistons? Compaired to our other choices.
They are excellent pistons, I sell many and offer them in my stroker kits. Over 700HP, I would recommend a heavier wall wrist pin. which I stock.

Compared to other pistons, quality is on par and they cost less, one reason is Wiseco manufactures there own forgings, so cost is saved there and passed on.

Other piston manufatures need to buy forgings from Wiseco or elsewhere.

David how does the Wiseco hold up when the motor is set on kill and stays that way? I will street drive but the track is the objective.

Not trying to cut in on Dave. But like most everything else tune plays A big factor on how the piston holds up. They hold up to anything you can throw at them if the tune is right.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Yep, 'set on kill' with knock is waaaaaaaay different than 'set on kill' in a good state of tune.

I don't ever have knock.;) I have to upgrade to play with the TAI Guys. Good thing is I can leave my 10 second car as is. Got another GN for a race car.:D

David how does the Wiseco hold up when the motor is set on kill and stays that way? I will street drive but the track is the objective.
I do not foresee any problems. As stated above, if the tune is correct, they will take the power.

Dave, Do you think I will have a problem with the stroker, with the amt of power that it will be pushing..... Don't I have Wiseco pistons in this motor, Brian asked, if the Bottom end on current motor is stock?? Forgot to ask you yest

I ran Weisco's from 2001-2010 with stock rods and crank. They looked like new when Don pulled them out to put my stroker in. In fact they are just sitting collecting dust in a box in the garage somewhere. I think they were some oddball size, like 33 over.