Wiring upgrade for Power windows!

SS/GNX

Formerly NothinYet
We all hate how slow our power windows roll up and the factory wiring harness is just not sufficient enough to get them rolling up and down good enough.

You KNOW you will sell a ton of these if you create them.

I challenge CASPERS to do it and send me the prototype for testing. :D

Makes something that is as close to plug and play as possible with new contacts for the windows switches and everything.

I think there is a product like this for the 4th gen fbodies. Some type of votage booster to help the pass side window out. Another need for my t/a:rolleyes: . Yes this would be great for gbodies too:)

great idea. i know kirbans had one a long time ago. please someone make another one.

Don't think it's the wires. Last "repair" I made, involved a trip to the U-pull it, for other motors. Wiring was not changed. Don't recall the yr/model of the car we took them off of. NE1??

Too bad we couldn't get a vendor to research Ford's power window setups. Wonder what the secret is to their "lightning" quick pwr windows. Motor? Wiring? Good power supply? Gotta hand it to them, they do make fast windows;)

Too bad we couldn't get a vendor to research Ford's power window setups. Wonder what the secret is to their "lightning" quick pwr windows. Motor? Wiring? Good power supply? Gotta hand it to them, they do make fast windows;)

Yes they do. My sister had a 89 cougar and I could be ANYBODY in a window race!

I finally figured out why all those stock mustang owners have something;) . Hell, loud pipes, fast windows, a clutch, fat tires...its gotta be fast! My buddy is a bigtime ford owner and the only one I know that has never had problems with them. If nobody gets around to researching this maybe we will. I'm sure his dad wouldn't mind if we borrowed his crown vic for a day or two:cool:

There was a kit available several years ago. Pete Serio was marketing it thru Kirbans, and Caspers made the plug-and-play parts. Trouble was, the motors' increased speed was marginal at best. I think getting the windows to move quicker would involve a motor change more than anything else.

Then, the connectors we supplied became obsolete, so that killed the project altogether. GM has obsoleted most of the unsealed stuff these days.