Wiring Issues!!!!

Red87GN

Ok guys I'm gonna start on my 87 GN that has been sitting around since I bought it back in May.

The car is in fairly good averall shape. The wirings sucks bad. To get the fuel pump to come on I have to turn on the park lights, ha. Everything is really cobbled together, I mean everything under the dash and along the firewall(ccci module wiring and fuel harness. The car will crank but runs real rough like it's on just a few cylinders. The cam sensor had a small wire brush stuffed beside it to hold it. What holds it down and where can I get one?

Also I have a complete harness from a wrecked 87 T. I want to start putting it in, but where do I start? Do I have to take the dash out and start there or what? I'm gonna need lots of help so bear with me.

I plan on this car being a street car, but also raced alot.

It has the following: Stock motor(suppose to be good and fresh) Stock turbo, AFPR, 93 Red chip, Turbo 400 with Vigilante 3500, 8 pt. cage, 9" rear with 3.50 gears. The car has Alum. core support, and fiberglass bumpers and hood. It supposedly weighs about 3100. I hope to go high 11's or low 12's with what I have.

I have played with Fords(5.0's for years but this is my first Turbo Buick.

Do I have a chance in hell!!!!!??????

John :confused: :confused: :eek: :eek:

You showed up at the right time. Go to the lounge and order a service manual on CD from Bandit. Send him a donation and you will have a nice source to work from at your fingertips for cheap!

Under the Hood or Under the dash

Ok guys where's the best place to start. Both are gonna be done. I'm going to remove the dash eventually.
John

I'd get the dash out first, 4 screws on top and 2-3 on the bottom. You may have to remove the passenger fender to get good access to the firewall grommet for the ECM. Also you'll need to separate the fuse block from the firewall on the driver side and remove or drop the column. I've changed a dash out before and it wasn't too bad, more time consuming than anything.