Wiring is killing me.

GNbythebay

I am having a few issues and I’ve been trying to figure them out for weeks with no luck! Hopefully I can get help with at least one of my problems. First my trunk/hood/interior lights all do not work including the electric locks and cigarette lighter. I checked all the fuses and they al were fine. Second issue I’m having is my Bailey 2 step. It’s been working for months and yesterday after trying to figure out some wiring the wires for the 2 step button touched a ground point and started sparking. After that it stopped working. The 2 step box run light is on but once I push in the trigger switch that light does not come on. I traced all the wires back and they all seem fine. No fuses were blown so I don’t know what to do with that. Lastly I’ve been trying to install a turbo smart dual stage boost controller and I know the relay in the boost controller works because when I hook it up to the battery you can hear the relay click but after hooking up the power/ground and trigger wire to a switch I get no click from the relay. I’m no expert on wiring but I also have enough knowledge to kinda know what I’m doing. If anyone can help me that would be amazing! I will attach some pictures so maybe they can explain more.

Attachments

• 67A6E942-6A71-49AD-926A-C5592BE59E94.jpeg
    67A6E942-6A71-49AD-926A-C5592BE59E94.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 179
  • 0387B057-FFE6-4274-908C-6CAC6CE0B99B.jpeg
    0387B057-FFE6-4274-908C-6CAC6CE0B99B.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 189
  • 8E0111A4-806C-41E2-AC50-85D3C09EE45F.jpeg
    8E0111A4-806C-41E2-AC50-85D3C09EE45F.jpeg
    262.1 KB · Views: 181
  • CF70601F-5F5B-45B1-A4AA-924972E77027.jpeg
    CF70601F-5F5B-45B1-A4AA-924972E77027.jpeg
    183.1 KB · Views: 183
Door locks work off the 30A circuit breaker right side of fuse panel.

20A fuse labeled CLK-CIG in middle lower of the fuse panel runs the interior lights etc.

Get those up and running first as perhaps the other problems you are having are due to no power from that wiring.

:doctor:Possible blowen fuseable link down by the starter. There are 3 of them. Check for power at the fuse panel on both sides of the fuse sockets. Test light is your best friend. If missing power, go for the links.

:doctor:Possible blowen fuseable link down by the starter. There are 3 of them. Check for power at the fuse panel on both sides of the fuse sockets. Test light is your best friend. If missing power, go for the links.
My orange constant power wire is getting no power. What should I check to fix that?

My orange constant power wire is getting no power. What should I check to fix that?

That’s usually a bad spot in the wire. Pinch the wire between fingers and slide down the length of wire. If you feel a pregnant spot, grab the wire and try to pull it apart. If the wire inside is broke or corroaded, the wire will break pretty easy.
Also look close at the connector itself for corrosion or signs of bad connection.

Had a lojack system installed on my 87, the installer destroyed my wiring splicing that garbage in. Drivers side turn signals dont flash, heat ac no power at all, wipers no power and the light on my pillar boost gauge quit working! Checked fuses they are good. When I look under the dash at that bird nest of wires I loose 100% of my technical abilities, brain function drops to 0. I can troubleshoot most things on my car, when it comes to wiring I'm completely worthless!

That sux ass, I’d remove it and take your time combing through each wire. You don’t want that to short out anything while your driving. Good luck man !!!