Wire loom ???

ghall

20131102_180731_zps3d29d954.jpg
I am hoping someone can tell me how the factory connected this wire loom at the bottom. I can't tell if I am missing a clip or something. I have crudely circled the connection I am talking about. Thanks for any help.

Geoff

Is it upside down? Do you have it attached at the drier bracket? Maybe it is the next one over to the right and is attached by the AC box heat shield top and bottom? I will check.

There is a metal bracket that is supposed to engage the hook area of the oval clip. The bracket is directly behind the hook portion of the oval clip. It might not be engaged into it.

Like the man says.
Casper Electronics also has nice replacement clips I believe.

These fuzzy (unfortunately) pics show both clips in the first and just the one by the heat shield in number two.

Attachments

• CLIP_route1.jpg
    CLIP_route1.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 98
  • Clip_route2.jpg
    Clip_route2.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 100
I guess I have two cars missing the same clip. That stinks, one is a 9k mile car, the other is a 19k mile car. I will check Caspers for the clip. Thanks for the info guys I really appreciate it.

Mileage really doesn't matter. The OEM clip was made of the best thermoplastic available at the time (80's) which, by today's standards, wasn't all that good. Time vs. temperature gets everything eventually. Fast forward to current day, the thermoplastic technology for underhood use has been greatly improved. The oval clips we make use the OEM tooling, but much better suited material. Here's some info regarding those clips:
http://www.installationinstructions.com/FYI/conduit-clip-failure.pdf

I ned to get me some of that wire loom and clips. Thank you for think instruction link.