winter rims without tire pressure sensors

swaggalikeus

If you purchase a set of winter rims without tire pressure sensors for your 2008 Buick Lucerne can the tire pressure monitor system be shut off until the standard Buick rims are reinstalled?

If you purchase a set of winter rims without tire pressure sensors for your 2008 Buick Lucerne can the tire pressure monitor system be shut off until the standard Buick rims are reinstalled?
dont know how the Buicks work but i do this with my 08 F150..the light comes on intermittently and sometimes stays on, but its worth the trade off in having excellent traction in the winter and not damaging my nice rims

No you can not turn off the system in the Buick. I work for a Chevy dealership.

On the ford, we used to take all the sensors out fo the factory wheels and throw them in the spare tire. All sensors will read the tire pressure of the spare. Easy fix, then you dont have to stare at the light regaurdless of which wheels you run, but defeats the whole problem of the TPM system.;)

You can't shut it off. On my Escalade, I recently got a flat tire and so the tire was removed from the vehicle for 15-20 minutes and once installed again, the TPS light came on and we had run the configuration setup again to make it work properly.