Windshield Question

russgill

My '87 has a plastic piece that runs along the bottom of the windshield. It is not perfectly flat on the window and causes the wipers to hang up when you turn them off. Any easy way to fix this ever so minor problem with out ending up with something that looks bad?

Thanks

Just tried out both methods, drivers side goes fine, but not passenger side.

I noticed passenger side that connection point from the blade arm to the gear/whatever at the base of the windshield, has maybe an inch of play. I can lift the passenger side up and rotate it inch on the glass and then I can flop it down into position.

It seems like the gear/whatever is turning that last inch but the blade arm is just sitting because of this play. Was that the case on yours or did it have a tight fit with no play?

Thanks

Mine really had no "slop" in it whatsoever.I took the arms off and cleaned them up for cosmetic reasons,and really don't take the car out in the rain if I can help it.I don't think I used the wipers in about a year now,I just load the windshield up with Rain-x for the occasional stuck in the rain day.Is there another GM gear that can replace yours?I can bet there's gotta be another body style type floating around the scrap yard somewheres.