Windows 2K and Direct Scan

JeffG

Drive it like u stole it
Is anyone running DS with Windows 2K successfully? If so, how? I have tried different P-port settings. I have also tried running it from the "Command Prompt" screen.......I still get the hardware not found message. It used to work on the same laptop with Windows95.

Thx,

I remember reading somwhere that DS wont work with windows 2000. Hopfully someone else will jump in here. Mine works fine on 95.

Which version of 2000 do you have? Is it Windows 2000 professional? Or is it Windows 2000 ME? I have tried both, and it does NOT work with 2000 professional. It has worked for me with 2000 ME though, allthough I do get a "hardware not found" message once in a while...

HTH

I think it's 2000 pro. It's a corparate issue laptop. We ran 95 in the past, but the company has since upgraded to 2K. I'm hosed :(

Thx,

neither DS or TL work with NT based operating systems, that includes win2k. if you want DS to run on your 2k lappy, use a dos boot disk to start the computer. then run DS.

and i might add that there is no 2000 ME. there is winME, no 2000 in the name. 2000 is an NT based operating sytem and ME is not.