Window weather stripping help

It is a shame that the two times in the last 20 years the last set just recently purchased, that the rubber seals around the windows do not seal at the horizontal angles. I was hoping to not have to live with the wind noise any more. Paul is correct no window adjustment will reach the rubber at the angles. Padding behind the seal is not an option. The distance it to great.
Did you mean it won't seal on the vertical according to your picture. I'd be curious to see what your door gap looks like. I've used the metro stuff in the past and had success. If your doors are not sitting right on the body your not going to have a good time been there.

Did you mean it won't seal on the vertical according to your picture. I'd be curious to see what your door gap looks like. I've used the metro stuff in the past and had success. If your doors are not sitting right on the body your not going to have a good time been there.

Your metro roof rail seals could not have been shaped as mine were if you were able to get the windows to seal. No way the roof rail seals i had could ever seal. We are talking about two depressions along the horizontal section about a quarter inch deep. I may need to annotate the photos that i posted previously to make this more clear.

-UPDATE-
okay i put in the metro. And they fit like crap. They actually fit worse than the crap ones i had on there. UGH

Has anyone tried roof rail seals from Trim Parts (PN TPW16012U)?

The "other guys" roof rail seals look like what I recieved from Metro. The depression just before the 90-degree angle is even pictured.

http://www.trimparts.com/part_details/index/aWQ9MTM5NjI=/
according to gbodyparts the strips i got were "fairchild and trim parts" and they suck with my car. IDK if it is either fairchild or trim parts on my car, but i don't trust either company.

My soft seal weather stripping sucks too.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thanks for helping us, tbone87.

Are you talking about roof rail seals?

When did you purchase them?

For anyone else who chimes in about their aftermarket roof rail seals, it greatly helps if you tell us who makes them and when you purchased them.

Paul Lohr

Yes roof seals, about two years ago from day one leaking and wind noise.

I just got an e mail from nos4gn saying they have gm seals shure higher but would be well worth it. So I would look into it. I guess can throw cash done spen in trash from soft seal. But just my option.

Nos4GN says no returns / refunds / exchanges on weatherstrip. I would have been in trouble if I had purchased from them. Not my kind of customer service.

Nos4GN says no returns / refunds / exchanges on weatherstrip. I would have been in trouble if I had purchased from them. Not my kind of customer service.
all the sites i ordered weather stripping from had that same policy

If you've recently purchased roof rail weatherstrip and had success in getting it to seal, I would appreciate it if you write a short posting.

Please tell us:
  • what brand
  • the part number
  • approximate date of purchase
  • any oddities about the seals
  • any installation difficulties
Thanks for any help.

Paul Lohr

I did mine so long ago( t-top car) I cant remember the mfg but it wasn't oem. believe it was softseal. Fit wasn't perfect but it was far from terrible. wind noise not really a problem and no leaks except in car washes.

Only hard top weatherstrip that allows the windows to seal correctly is GM. Your local dealer can get it or we have them.

We do allow returns on weatherstripping.

Pete
Kirbans

Weather stripping can be a BITCH !! I've even had trouble with new GM a couple of times, ask me how I know ?? and as far as aftermarket goes FORGET IT !!
GO GM or don't go !!

Morning Pete !!

I don't get it. The Metros that I just put in fit and work perfect!

Dave,
When did you purchase your metro weatherstrip?

About two years ago.
I went to a lot of trouble though to pull all the channels out and cleaned them perfectly before install.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2.

About two years ago.
I went to a lot of trouble though to pull all the channels out and cleaned them perfectly before install.

Thanks, Dave.

I suspect it is at least one recent production run of roof rail weatherstrips from Metro that are problematic. Generally, the older (purchased more than a year ago) weatherstrips don't seem to be a problem. The exception to that is we have one person that may have had defective roof rail seals from Metro that were bought a while back.

Yes, I cleaned out the channels very well. Won't matter much with the depressions in the roof rail weatherstrip.

I was in Sevierville last week. It is a great place to be.

Appreciate your input.

Paul Lohr