Window rattle--Kirban Kit

87gninpa

My window rattle and move in and out when they are down. I jsut replaced my hinges and the doors close great, they just rattle. Is kirban the only one who sells these kits to fix the rattle? or is ther an adjustment i can do myself without buying the kit? any help appreciated

Take off the door panel and near the top of the door you will see 2 felt-like covered pieces that can be adjusted in and out. Adjust them closer to the glass and this should help with your problem.

Wanted to know the same thing. I adjusted my felt covered things as far toward the glass as possible and they still rattle. Is Kirbans' guide to fixing window rattles any good? Where did you get hinges? Did you replace the pins or get whole new hinges? Sorry if this is hijacking - but it's related. Thanks

I had Pete from kirban do mine. For the labor of $45.00 per door call Kirban and get it done. For the money it works great and not worth my time to mess around with anal adjustments, this takes time to get it right, let Pete who has done hundreds of these do it. I can cook at like 80mph with little or no air noise and no rattles. :cool: If you cannot hook up with Pete buy his book step by step and the ultimate guide to adjusting windows and installing Kirbans Anti Rattle kits for dummy's. :D