windage tray for 4.1 oil pan??

Powder

Anyone know where I can get an aftermarket windage tray for my 4.1 I'm building? The 14 bolt oil pan doesn't have one like my 3.8 and I don't want to try and fab one in my garage, as simple as it may seem to some. :confused: TIA

I beleive you can get a pan from an 1984 hot air car with the tray already built in. What pistons did you use in the 4.1 Hypers??

I had a hard time finding this pan at a salvage yard.* It might be really tough to find one for a hot air car.* Thanks for the suggestion though.* I used 4" bore JE forged pistons because the machine shop doing the work talked me out of the hypers.* He wasn't as concerned as much about the hyper type construction as he was the quality level coming from the manufacturers right now.* He suggested if I still wanted to run hypers to look into the Keith Black brand but I gave in and spent the extra for the forged.* They really look nice. I hope they're worth it!
MLH

You could always take the windage tray our of the 3.8 turbo pan and (weld)install it in the 4.1 pan as I'm told I haven't attempted this but will be soon..

I believe that Lee Thompson had a template for a baffle plate that he sent me a copy of-just dont know where i have it right now. ---Powder- what is the Comp Height of your JEs? Is it a stroker combination?

I believe that Lee Thompson had a template for a baffle plate that he sent me a copy of-just dont know where i have it right now. ---Powder- what is the Comp Height of your JEs? Is it a stroker combination?

The piston specs are as follows: P/N 271718
4.00" bore
dish type
dish depth: .240"
comp. dist: 1.830"
weight: 544g
compression ratio: approx. 9:1

I used press fit pins for my stock rods (and crank) P/N940-2750-16-5 and file to fit ring set P/N J100F1-4000-5
Total cost was $828.00

If you consider working with them I highly recommend working with Randy Gillis. Very knowlegeable guy and extremely helpful, especially to someone like me who knows just enought to get myself in trouble without guidance from guys like him.
MLH

I'm a bit on my own with my 4.1 as my oil pan will be a butchery of 2 to 3 pans to clear the Riviera's Chassis. Right now I have a Buick 350 fullsized pan, a 300 generic pan, a stock 4.1L pan, and a 425 Nailhead fullsized pan. atleast 2 of those are getting combined into the pan I'll use and I'll figure out a baffle off of my final sump configuration.

I'm a bit on my own with my 4.1 as my oil pan will be a butchery of 2 to 3 pans to clear the Riviera's Chassis. Right now I have a Buick 350 fullsized pan, a 300 generic pan, a stock 4.1L pan, and a 425 Nailhead fullsized pan. atleast 2 of those are getting combined into the pan I'll use and I'll figure out a baffle off of my final sump configuration.

My baffle should be a piece of cake compared to what you're facing. Good luck with the project, Riviera's are beautiful cars.
MLH