WinALDL users

86GN-862+2

So, I got a working cable and WinALDL to use on my car. All is good except that I cannot find the directory where the log files are being stored at in the laptop. I searched under all winaldl folders and nothing. Any ideas?

Ive done a search for .txt files and found nothing. Isn't that what they would be stored as??

In case you do a search again, just in case you didn't know, use a wild card which is *.txt and make sure you search your entire c drive. I've used this program before, but I can't for the life of me remember where the files get stored.

Let me know if you find them.

Charles

I've finally located them guys!! Except I cannot open them to view the logged values at all. It must be a Windows Vista thing in conjuction with a bug in the WinALDL program. I don't know. In any case, I can still view everything else during engine operation so I'm good. The location as many have said is

C:\Program Files\WinALDL\date logged_serial number_LOG

date logged = date run
serial number = auto-indexing

The last part can be LOG , KNOCK , INT , BLM , O2

hope some of you can actually open the files because I sure can't

although, there is a new program out that will help a bit.

ALDLView v0.3-2 by C. Pennock
it works! But still trying to figure it out.
Merry X-mas!!

Its been awhile since I used WinALDL, but as I remember the log files were stored as .csv and formatted for a spreadsheet program. Try using Excel to open the logs.

Dennis