Wilwood rear disc brakes

87gn1

Does anyone know the part number for wilwood rear disc brake conversion for my 87 go I have wilwood on the front would like to keep them all the same. Thanks in advance for your help and time reading my post. Factory rearmed with c clips is still in place.

If you want PM Dynoman on here. He just went through all this and can give you reliable information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I installed Wilwood Rear Brake Kit P/N 140-13511-DR on my GN earlier this year. The P/N I purchased is for drilled and slotted 12.19in rotors, and red calipers. The P/N will be different based on what options you want. Kit came with everything you need, I did also purchase the wilwood hose kit as well.

I installed the Wilwood front kit 12.19" rotor, 4 piston kit, pretty simple & at the same time installed hydroboost, it stops better than my C5.

Wanting to install the rear kit, just not looking forward to cutting that flange, lmk how it works out for you, it's gonna be at least summer before I put them on

I installed the Wilwood front kit 12.19" rotor, 4 piston kit, pretty simple & at the same time installed hydroboost, it stops better than my C5.

Wanting to install the rear kit, just not looking forward to cutting that flange, lmk how it works out for you, it's gonna be at least summer before I put them on

how was the hydroboost install and what company did you go with? I have a vacuum conversion and I'm worried I wont get enough pressure?? also did you install a proportioning valve to adjust the line pressure front and rear?

Will the front and rear wilwood kits for 87 GN with stock 15 inch wheels without cutting or templates?
I want to keep stock wheels but want better braking

Will the front and rear wilwood kits for 87 GN with stock 15 inch wheels without cutting or templates?
I want to keep stock wheels but want better braking
I've heard the stock T wheels will fit, but cannot verify stock GN wheels will fit, I no longer have mine. I will try to borrow one from a friend to see if they do though. They're somewhat close on a GTA wheel

Attachments

• IMG_20140218_170107_199.jpg
    IMG_20140218_170107_199.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 184
Last edited:
I've heard the stock T wheels will fit, but cannot verify stock GM wheels will fit, I no longer have mine. I will try to borrow one from a friend to see if they do though. They're somewhat close on a GTA wheel

THX

If fits I will do the 12.19 inch black drilled and slotted all way around

do you recall the part number of the caddy master cyl you used ? or any pics ?

I'm sorry, I don't have the part number. I will look, but it'll have to be later this week. I believe it's for an early 80's Seville. Main trouble is it doesn't really sit level, but hasn't been any problems. One of these days I'll replace it with a Wilwood MC

Attachments

• IMG_20161105_210612.jpg
    IMG_20161105_210612.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 181
Wiseman, did you have to cut the axle flange?

Sorry of the late reply, Roc87.

Yes, I had to cut the flanges. I used a cutoff wheel,but you can whatever you have to do the job. I came back grinded and painted it to freshen it up. You will also have to drill and tap 2 holes for the new backing plate. Maybe be a good time to change your axle housing seals and bearing while you have the axles out. Let me know if you need some pics for reference , I have plenty .

Yes, I had to cut the flanges. I used a cutoff wheel,but you can whatever you have to do the job. I came back grinded and painted it to freshen it up. You will also have to drill and tap 2 holes for the new backing plate. Maybe be a good time to change your axle housing seals and bearing while you have the axles out. Let me know if you need some pics for reference , I have plenty .

Do you HAVE to remove the axles to install the rear wilwood brakes? This is the first I heard of this.

thanks

Does anyone know what the correct axle offset to use is? For the rears they have an offset of 2.81 and 2.75

Do you HAVE to remove the axles to install the rear wilwood brakes? This is the first I heard of this.

thanks

For the rear conversion kit, yes you have to pull the axles. You will also have to remove the stock backing plate and modify the axle housing. Modification involves cutting the upper section of the axle flange off.

Did you have to use spacers between the axle and rotor and can u post some pics

The wilwood rotor attached directly onto the wilwood backing plate. There was no space between the axle and rotor. the only shims / spacers that were used , were the ones needed to get the right distance between the caliper and pads on the rotors.