wilwood rear disc brake install

just put some wilwood rear disc brakes on my t and thought id post some pics. these are the kits for the older gm 10 and 12 bolt so you have to cut the axle flanges and drill out the mounting holes just like the baer brakes and they have the internal ebrake shoes on the inside of the rotor. the nice thing is the fit stock t wheels and i didnt have to relocate the shocks w3.jpgwilwwod brake 1.jpgwilwwod2.jpgIMG_0523.jpg

Nice job Thanks for the pic's. Im planning on doing this to my GN very soon.

Busyman
:cool:

did they move the wheel out any? any pics of the cuts needed? last ? i promise, happen to have a part number for hat kit?

im pretty sure the parts number was 140-7149-D they do have cheaper kits without cross drilled rotors and if you want you can get a kit without e brake if you dont care about not having them. they are for a gm 12 bolt with axle flange offset of 2.75.i had to buy the 12 inch stainless flex lines and 3an to 1/8npt elbows to go into the calipers " i will post a close up of that later ". as far as the wheels they only stuck out another 1/16- 1/8 of an inch. i had aluminum drums on before and there almost as thick as the rotor. as far as mounting i did have to cut the flanges and drill the 4 holes to mount the backing plates just take you time and center them good before you drill the holes out. basically just like doing the ls1 disc brake conversion. heres a few pics of what you have to cutStock Drum Axle Flange Cut Line.jpgDrum Axle Flange After All Cuts.jpgFinished Axle Flange.jpg

Is your car lowered any in the rear? Any caliper to frame clearance issues? What did it take to get the e-brake functioning?

Nice work BTW!

Autofab Race Cars makes e brake levers to use the factory cables and my car is not lowered. they would clear a lowered car there is alot of room il take a pic of mine with the wheel on and off the jack stands so you can see how much room there is

Thanks. I look forward to any more pics you might get.

With reguards to the ebrake again, The factory cable worked out ok hooked up to the integral brake mechanism?

Ahhh, I gotcha now. Thanks for the link. That really is a nice setup you got, please do let us know how they perform.

off topic, but where did you get the black air bags? I was looking for a set last year and couldn't find any... they were all red.

I just did a similar setup on my El Camino

didn't use Baer, or wilwood, but used a kit with internal park brake, GM calipers, all bolt on with E brake cable, no cutting, no fabrication.
simple bolt on and connect hoses and cables.
heres a couple pics,
OH, these clear 15 in wheels too !

Attachments

• El Camino undercarriage 010.jpg
    El Camino undercarriage 010.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 870
  • El Camino undercarriage 011.jpg
    El Camino undercarriage 011.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 543
  • El Camino undercarriage 019.jpg
    El Camino undercarriage 019.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 611
didn't use Baer, or wilwood, but used a kit with internal park brake, GM calipers, all bolt on with E brake cable, no cutting, no fabrication.
simple bolt on and connect hoses and cables.
heres a couple pics,
OH, these clear 15 in wheels too !
more info please where did you get them at. thast is awesome. how are the foot brake to boost launches.

foot launches?

this is a daily driver, fuel inj 350, that gets 25 mpg hwy,
kit came from ebay, out of LaHabra, Ca.
I'll see if I can get his name or number.

I just looked on ebay , didn't see him but did see others like it, make sure you get e brake cables!

but was super eazy install, no fuss or adjusting , everything bolted up and worked! I think price was like $399

this is a daily driver, fuel inj 350, that gets 25 mpg hwy,
kit came from ebay, out of LaHabra, Ca.
I'll see if I can get his name or number.

I just looked on ebay , didn't see him but did see others like it, make sure you get e brake cables!

but was super eazy install, no fuss or adjusting , everything bolted up and worked! I think price was like $399

They are probably for a 7.5 inch rear like summits brand

7.5 have the same mounting flange as the 8.5 are cars run so the 7.5 kits will bolt right up but sometimes depending on kit and rotors the use you have to have the axel flanges dia turned down but most kits now clear