Wilwood brake & A Arm Install .

dynoman

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
These are pictures of my front suspension upgrade which includes Wilwood 6 piston calipers , 12" rotors and Global West upper & lower A arms .

This is before we get started .
DSCN0378.JPG DSCN0379.JPG DSCN0380.JPG DSCN0381.JPG

Last edited:
The new brakes

DSCN0382.JPG

The old suspension stripped out
DSCN0384.JPG
Th old spindle after the parts cleaner , modified for the new caliper mount , & assembled .
DSCN0385.JPG DSCN0386.JPG View attachment 274328DSCN0388.JPG DSCN0389.JPG

Last edited:
This is how to paint in the garage when it's 15* ! The garage was freezing but the table top was toasty !

DSCN0392.JPG DSCN0391.JPG DSCN0390.JPG

Last edited:
Calipers mounted temporarily to check fit with wheels . A LOT of measuring went into this conversion because I wanted to retain my 15" wheels and still fit brakes bigger than stock .

DSCN0404.JPG DSCN0406.JPG

Stainless brake lines , pads , & shocks are not installed yet , just wanted to see how it looked & fit ........ I'm happy with it :D. Sam

Really nice install! Those 6 Piston caliper are huge . I just did a wilwood 4 piston install about 2 weeks ago to the front and rear of my GN. My stock rims didn't work at all after the install and I had to order new wheels and tires (that I wasn't planning to purchase until the end of the year), so congrats to you for getting your measuring right. I wish I would've done a better job, lol . Let us know how they perform

Thanks , I found that the 6 piston calipers are a lower profile than the 4 piston . I had to use the template from Baer Brakes plus add dimensions from Wilwood to get an accurate template because the Wilwood template is not to scale . I still had to space the wheel out 1/2" because of the slight taper from the outside of the rim to the hub , which forced me to get slightly longer studs .

Last edited:
Awesome write up! I just ordered the same kit for my car, rears too. What exactly did you have to modify on the spindles? Nice setup... thanks again

Awesome write up! I just ordered the same kit for my car, rears too. What exactly did you have to modify on the spindles? Nice setup... thanks again
You have to cut the old caliper mounts off ( see pic , post #2 ) and drill out , tap & slight counter sink 2 existing mounting holes so that black bracket in post #2 can mount to . Take your time , measure twice , cut once . Good luck , Sam

Also on the website you can download the install instructions so you can prepare for everything you need and have a good understanding of the install .

You have to cut the old caliper mounts off ( see pic , post #2 ) and drill out , tap & slight counter sink 2 existing mounting holes so that black bracket in post #2 can mount to . Take your time , measure twice , cut once . Good luck , Sam

And need a good quality sharp tap. Cheap ones will not grab and cut fou d this out when I did my swap.

Last edited:
Ok it makes perfect sense now that I've looked closer at the pictures, thanks again gentlemen!

Awesome what rear brakes are you using? How do you like stopping power w the new 6p? I have been heavily debating it just didn't know if it was a waste of money...

Awesome what rear brakes are you using? How do you like stopping power w the new 6p? I have been heavily debating it just didn't know if it was a waste of money...
I didn't have any stopping issues with the stock setup, but I felt it was time to do something about slowing down from 130 mph at the end of the 1/4 mile . That's why I also upgraded the pads to BP20'S which are rated for a higher temp without fading.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Stock rear brakes . No one makes aftermaket disc for 15's . I believe Baer is working on rears for 15s , it all in the E brake setup that makes it difficult to do

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk