WILL THIS WORK??????

chrisgn6

86 GN STOCK!!!!

I do not intend to RACE/TRACK

I just want better reliable parts, idle and boost.

Parts i have ordered but not insdtalled.
msd 8.8mm wires
walbro hpfp 255
Accufab fuel pressure regulator , 1:1 ratio what does the ratio means exactly?
racetronix hotwire kit
turbo tweak chip v5.7 burned for stock setup

my injectors are stock. 28lb right?

will my afpr let me adjust to 28 psi? or could i adjust it to 30 psi and my stock injectors handle it? also will i have problems with 30 psi with the tt chip even though its burned for 28 psi?

havent purchased any plugs yet. what kind should i get and what is the gap ? 35?

i have a scanmaster 2.1 but cant figure out why its not reading. comes on and i can cycle through the numbers about once and then it turns off. shouldn't it be on at all times? connections are good!!

The TT chip will have instructions on what fuel pressure to be set at for your car . If it was me I would update those 30 year old injectors to the more modern ones and TT sells them with a chip package that way you save on your chip when you want to update to a bigger set , the 42 and 60 lbs idle better than the old 28 lbs injectors that comes in them anyway . Then you will be ready for performance when you are ready with other supporting mods .

Plugs gap them around 30 thousands and should be fine

The scanmaster 2.1 probably has a loose connection making it do that

Everything looks OK. Stock injectors are 28lb, but the sets I've seen flowed, actually flowed closer to 30lb.
Fuel pressure is actually set at near 42-43# static, that is to say, at idle with vacuum line removed from AFPR.

I just want better reliable parts, idle and boost.
running 30lbs of boost on a stock trans will cross out the reliability factor.why push the car if your not going to race it?a mild 21/22psi tune with a single nozzle on a stock turbo will be a fun street car.i would recommend you do a search and start learning before you get real aggressive with the car.a good driver,stickey tires,stock injectors/fuel pump and octane with 22psi is a 12 sec car.

running 30lbs of boost on a stock trans will cross out the reliability factor.why push the car if your not going to race it?a mild 21/22psi tune with a single nozzle on a stock turbo will be a fun street car.i would recommend you do a search and start learning before you get real aggressive with the car.a good driver,stickey tires,stock injectors/fuel pump and octane with 22psi is a 12 sec car.

personally i think he is confusing 28# per hour injectors with 28lb fuel pressure , thinking the injectors require 28psi FP two completely different things
and you confused 28psi FP for 28psi boost ...well lets just say hes very confused
he posted AFPR (adjustable fuel pressure regulator) one should assume he is referring to fuel pressure and means 28psi FP not boost but with as confused as he is who could tell

i cant see eric doing a 28psi boost chip fo 28# injectors or a stock chip for 28psi fuel pressure so i will assume he built a street chip for 28# injectors and the OP is confused with seeing 28# on the chip and thinks thats the boost range

how he has a

Last edited:
many broken parts yes ...he better have a sit down with someone who can explain it soon or get over to www.gnttype.org and vortexbuicks-etc.com and read, read , read

personally i think he is confusing 28# per hour injectors with 28lb fuel pressure , thinking the injectors require 28psi FP two completely different things
and you confused 28psi FP for 28psi boost ...well lets just say hes very confused
he posted AFPR (adjustable fuel pressure regulator) one should assume he is referring to fuel pressure and means 28psi FP not boost but with as confused as he is who could tell

i cant see eric doing a 28psi boost chip fo 28# injectors or a stock chip for 28psi fuel pressure so i will assume he built a street chip for 28# injectors and the OP is confused with seeing 28# on the chip and thinks thats the boost range

how he has a
Sorry, you are correct. I'm referring all to fuel pressure. My boost I know will only be around 14-16. I just want to know can I safely install these parts and be fine?

Everything looks OK. Stock injectors are 28lb, but the sets I've seen flowed, actually flowed closer to 30lb.
Fuel pressure is actually set at near 42-43# static, that is to say, at idle with vacuum line removed from AFPR.
Thanks.

I worded lbs when it should have been psi! Thanks for not assuming I was confused or whatever.

Sorry not 30lbs of boost. I mean 30 fuel psi.

The TT chip will have instructions on what fuel pressure to be set at for your car . If it was me I would update those 30 year old injectors to the more modern ones and TT sells them with a chip package that way you save on your chip when you want to update to a bigger set , the 42 and 60 lbs idle better than the old 28 lbs injectors that comes in them anyway . Then you will be ready for performance when you are ready with other supporting mods .

Plugs gap them around 30 thousands and should be fine

The scanmaster 2.1 probably has a loose connection making it do that
Thanks

with near stock boost levels the car should last a long time and your parts list will be fine.the fuel should match the boost lb for lb if its working correctly.glad your just talking about fuel and not head gasket hunting;)

ChrisGN.. U choose. Which of your 2 threads goes away.
Also 1 screen name, THAT"S it.