will this motor work?

87ttypeV8

cant beat the boost!
well i blew out the bottom end of my motor and someone i know has an 83 t type turbo that is willing to sell me the motor for 500$ including the turbo and carb. has 88k on it and runs he said.. just has an exhaust leak...

now is this a 109 block and will everything bolt on? turbo drain in the correct spot?

is the crank a rolled fillets or would i be taking a gamble>

thanks

You could use it if you are in a jamb but the block is not a 109 and is not as strong as the 109. You would also have to drill the turbo drain back. The crank should have the rolled fillets if it is a turbo.

What I would do under the same circumstances(and I have) is buy this 83 motor and run down to the bone yard and get a 109 block from a 86-87 NA Regal or Cutlass and use the parts to build your own. You still have to drill the drainback but at least the boss is cast into the block to make it easier. Use the crank and rods from the 83. Either reuse your pistons if you can or buy some new ones. Of course new bearings and rings. Its been years since if have run across a NA 109 block that didn't need the bores straightened up a little so be prepared to pay for some machine work and pistons. The last short block I built this way with forged Diamond pistons ran me about $1K total in parts and labor.

yeah and i already have a block in good shape that just needs some line honing ... i was thinking this motor couldve been a just drop in and go but probably doesnt have the strength...

anyone think i could part out the motor and actually make any money?

if that is a turbo crank cant those sell for 200$ or so...