Will not shift under WOT, need help

B

boostbrother

Need help, my tranny will not shift under WOT. Transmission was recently rebuilt. It has an Art Carr 9 inch non-lockup, hardened forward drum and stator. If you leave it in overdrive it shifts early and acts like it is slipping. If you leave it in 3rd it will not shift until you let off the gas but it does not feel like it is slipping. I have adjusted the TV cable until my thumb is about to fall off. It does not change the shift point under WOT. It works great just cruising around. Need advice, please help.:confused:

WHAT THE OLD BOOK SAYS

THE BOOK SAYS : IT COULD BE A MISADJUSTED TV CABLE OR BINDING UNHOOKED OR BORKEN CABLE OR TV EXHAUST BALL LIFTER OR #5 BALL BINDING MISPOSITIONED OR UNHOOKED OR THE THROTTLE VALVE PLUNGER BINDING OR THE CONTROL VALVE GASKET LEAKING DAMAGED OR INCORRECTLY INSTALLED OR CASE ASSEMBLEY POROSITY THATS WHAT IT SAYS ABOUT 1-2 SHIFT FULL THROTTLE HAS NOT HELPED ME BUT MAY HELP YOU

Turbo Toy
Thanks for the info. Not sure what to do because 2-3 shift is as same as 1-2 shift. I was considering replaceing TV cable, possibley streched. Not sure.:confused:

COULD BE

WELL MINES BEEN BUILT 3 TIMES AND STILL HAS A HESITATE THEN SHIFT COND AND NO SHIFT A WOT SO AFTER CHRISTMAS I AM GETTING RID OF THEIS TRANS FOR A HIGH PERFORMACE ONE I HAVE TOO MUCH RIDING IN MOTOR TO RISK HURTING IT OVER JUST A TRANS BUT GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR HUNT

My first point of advise here would be to bring the car back to the builder right away. He should have an obligation to make it work properly for you.

the way he sees it

the impression i got from him was it is shifting and yes it does 1-4 and lock out very well its just if you need to jump out in traffic ir launch from the start line it will not hit 2nd till you let out but 3-4 are there but they don't hit hard either this guy when i talked to him allstate transmissions in richardson (was still under warranty when i bought the car) kept saying he was having truble which to me means he had no clue and i really don't want to take it to his messy ass place and have the inside of my car get grease all over it he just denied all this when i told it to him cause i was in a hurry when i picked the car up so i dident get to give it a good look over but you are right i will give him a holler and try to get him to buy me a box(new trans);)

I agree with Greg. Have them make it right.
AND
Next time, choose who you have work on your stuff a little my carefully. Not a flame, just advice....:)

Bruce
WE4
www.PTSnctb.com

TRUST ME IF I COULD

TRUST ME IF I COULD GET THEM TO AGREE TO LET SOME ONE ELESE FIX IT RIGHT AND CHARGE IT BACK TO THEM BUDDY YOU WOULD BE THE NEXT CALL I MAKE BUT NOT LIKLY AND THE CAR WAS ALREADY UNDER WARRANTY FROM THESE GUYS FROM THE PRTEVIOUS OWNER BUT OH WELL WE WILL JUST HAVE TO SEE HOW THINGS GO THANKS YALL HAVE A VERY MARRY CHRISTMAS AND WE KNOW WE WON'T REMEMBER THE NEW YEAR ;)