Will I feel a real change with the new Turbo and IC

BOP4ever

I have purchased a TE44 and streched SLIC from some GN friends. The IC has the big Neck Mod. I am wondering if this will make a very noticeable change from the stock stuff...?

Hoping to have a low 12 second car after the change..

From the looks of your sig. you'll have an 11 second ride at moderate boost levels. and to answer your questions yes you will feel it the more you turn it up the more you'll notice the increase in power.

You had a 12 second car before the mods. :biggrin:

Plenty of TR's running 12's with nothing more than an open filter and a good pair of sneakers (wick slightly turned up)

The 44 is a nice turbo for the street, with alky I ran 25-26 lbs on a TT chip and all the supporting mods. But only got to the low 12's with a tired motor (blow bye). You will notice a big difference in power with the 44 and modified intercooler, on the top end of the track.

Chuck

The exhaust is a stock down pipe into 3 inch hooker straight through muffler where the cat was to a 3 to 2.5 inch y to magnaflow straight through round mufflers to stock location tails. I hope you guys are right 11s would be sweet. The car as never been to the track. I have a possible track day with some friends with newer GTOs and trans am's. At my current estimated times from my iPod test track tool it's a high 13 low 14 car at about 102 to 104 on street tires. I know at least two of my friends are running mid 12s on non drag radial tires just white letters and one ran 10.5 in the 1000 foot so I was thinking about trying to get my new parts installed next week and hope I was at least close enough not to my the laughing stock of the thing.

You should feel a pretty nice pick up in power. Just make sure you get the car tuned .

I have purchased a TE44 and streched SLIC from some GN friends. The IC has the big Neck Mod. I am wondering if this will make a very noticeable change from the stock stuff...?

Hoping to have a low 12 second car after the change..

Probably won't notice a difference over what you had until you turn the boost past 18-20#

I ran the stock turbo up to about 22 psi but was having some knock issues 2-5 degrees... So I ordered a hotwire kit for the fuel pump... I seemed to have trouble keeping the O2 over 780 it starts to get retard when it gets to about 760 at the top of third gear I was adding fuel with the chip pulling timing and ended up cranking the reg to about 49 psi line off. This was all with the Alcohol system on max. I hope the hotwire + new IC / Turbo make it run better with less Knock... The car did not feel like a 12 second car to me at 20 psi and the stock turbo. MY dynolysious Ipod app was saying about 300 fwhp and about a 13.9@101 to 104 mph...
The trans was starting to slip to though during that time so I am hoping that was part of the issue.

You may want to take a close look at the older alky system, I ended upgrading to a kit from Razor@alkycontroll. I'm assuming you have a walbro pump in your gas tank.

Chuck

http://alkycontrol.com/ cheaper if you only buy the best to start with instead of buying a cheap one then when you realize what you have... Best customer service and knowledge of alky systems out there, (check with a search).

Chuck

I hope you know that just bolting on these parts isnt going to magicallly take you into the 11s you will need to start your tuning all over. Just sneak up on it slowly so as not to hurt anything. put the Turbo on and turn the boost down and work your way back up.

your car is leaning out at 22psi 760's and 5 degrees of knock.sounds to me like you dont have enough alky flowing to suppress the knock.putting a bigger turbo on that will flow more air with a better intercooler will be adding to the problem.you need to look at the fuel issue before you put your foot into it.ive had a stock turbo/intercooler combo with alkycontrol to over 26psi with no knock and the car was easily a mid 12 car.

Larger turbo will spool slower. So technically it will be slower. Unless turbo is turned up past the efficiency of the stocker.. past 23-24 PSI in your app.

Understand stock turbo's have put Buicks into the 11's.

Your issue is older alky system not flowing enough and improper tuning. The stock turbo is more than capabale of low-mid 12 second passes. Once the car runs low 12's on a stock turbo.. then change turbo.

Bet it will feel slower after you change the turbo when you punch it.